Question / Help Stream drops connection (Aborting due to FD_CLOSE, error 10053)

Psebcool

Hi,

First, I want to say that I use my 4G to stream until now, without problems.

I know that 4G it's not ideal but it worked until now.
653da0b071db9b8d7ca48fb35c309fae.png

Since last days, I can't stream at ANY bitrate. When I start streaming, the bitrate drop immediately to 0 and I get a disconnecting/reconnecting twitch connection.

I seen the pinned post and I use dynamic bitrate, very lower bitrate, new netcode, check firewall, wireless and wired connection, change DNS, uninstall & reinstall OBS but the issue still the same.

I also tried to reset my stream twitch key without success.

I really doubt is the fault of my 4G because it works very fine since last years and the speedtest looks good.

Here my last log of OBS with the issue : https://obsproject.com/logs/O4GE-aDp7xYPpwwG

As you can see, we see the bitrate drops and the error connection.

Psebcool

Okay, this issue seems disappear when I switch profiles before to start the stream.

If I launch OBS and stream directly from the current profile, the issue happens (bitrate drop to 0 few seconds later and OBS disconnecting/reconnecting in a loop). I need to switch profile and come back to current profile to not have this issue.

Bug ? Idea to fix it ?

Last edited:

Louis6321

I can replicate this problem, but I'm on a fixed-line 100/40 connection, not 4G.

When I click Start Streaming, after a couple of seconds the bitrate drops to 0 and it eventually tries to reconnect. The bitrate I have set is not relevant to the problem. It can be 100kbps and still have the issue.
The workaround is to stop streaming and change your Profile, then change it back and click start streaming again - exactly as you discovered.

Given this workaround, I am 99% certain OBS is at fault here.
I've read so many comments saying it would probably be my ISP or PC at fault, but this workaround suggests that's not the case.

I'm glad I have a workaround now, but I'd prefer if this issue within OBS was fixed.

devascsgo

I have a friend which is having the same FD_CLOSE 10053 error, but it happens after hours of stream, I didn't understand how to pick another track instead of track 2, can someone show with prints? Although he is using latest OBS Studio and formatted his computer on sunday.

Frao10

Same problem here. Nothing changed by changing user or audio channel different from 2 or changing user.

I also tried to:
- restart my modem/router
- reboot my pc
- releaseip, renewip, flushdns
- updated drivers for my network card

Here is my log: https://obsproject.com/logs/Ywt9pG3gLad0L-O7

I streamed with no problems until last month, now it doesn't work at all for more that 2 to 5 mins. Disconnection and reconnection after a few seconds.

pillarsoffranch

I'm getting this after random period of livestreaming:

14:52:50.290: socket_thread_windows: Received FD_CLOSE, 18108 ms since last send (buffer: 635809 / 636928)
14:52:50.290: socket_thread_windows: Aborting due to FD_CLOSE, error 10053

I added an 8 seccond delay to the stream but that hasn't stopped the issue.

Mark Weiss

I only get this error when streaming from VLC Media Source for several hours. It doesn't happen on live streams from a camera.