Stream Deck/OBS Broken

Avian!

When using Stream Deck and the OBS functionality, a point update at some point broke the connection between the two.

When I press as Stream Deck button now, it shows a yellow triangle, and does nothing. Inside the Stream Deck software, it says "waiting for OBS" when I try and use an OBS action

I'm running Stream Deck 5.3.3 (15214) for macOS, and OBS 28.1.1 macOS

What fixes it is quitting Stream Deck, launching OBS, and then re-launching Stream Deck after that. Needless to say, no one wants to have to quit and relaunch stream deck every time we want to use it with OBS. I've tried reinstalling both, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Lawrence_SoCal

I recommend searching this forum (and maybe the Windows forum) for MANY discussions on the implications of the OBS Studio v28 update and impact on plugins, including StreamDeck.

ThatMoustachio

I recommend searching this forum (and maybe the Windows forum) for MANY discussions on the implications of the OBS Studio v28 update and impact on plugins, including StreamDeck.
I'm running into the same issue with 2 of my Macs; this happened before I updated the 28, and continues to be an issue for some reason. Going to accessibility settings in MacOS seems to restore the connection, but rebooting the computers breaks the connection again. Everything I've found on the forums (windows and mac) say the new elgato plugin resolves the issues, but it does not seem to resolve it. Given your response, is there more information you are hinting at that I may not be privy to?

I had the same issue with my MBP 14" M1, ended up using companion and never looked back always worked even when OBS is not running in the foreground. I also like the key feedback on companion.

I would guess this might be related to the reported bug of hotkeys not working on many macs in v28
That's correct, but then I'm liking the responsive feel of companion. In-fact I use both Streamdeck and companion to control all my scenes in OBS and my graphics software on the same machine. Very reliable that way for me I find.