Stream Blurry When Downscaling

GucciOreo

I attempted to downscale from 1080p to 720p, and my stream quality degraded significantly.

Streaming Settings

Bitrate: 5000kbps

Preset: Max Quality

Profile: High

Look-Ahead: Checked (I'm not streaming any gpu intensive games)

Psycho Visual Tuning: Checked

B-Frames: 2

Keyframe Interval: 2

Downscale Filter: Lanczos

FPS: 60

Log File: https://pastebin.com/24xnEY9k

qhobbes

0. In many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections.
1. To ensure that OBS Studio has the hardware resources it needs for realtime streaming and recording, we recommend disabling the "Game DVR Background Recording" feature via these instructions.
2. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
3. If recording, record to FLV or MKV.

GucciOreo

0. In many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections.
1. To ensure that OBS Studio has the hardware resources it needs for realtime streaming and recording, we recommend disabling the "Game DVR Background Recording" feature via these instructions.
2. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
Streaming in 1080p 6000kbps gives completely fine stream quality, but when I downscale to 720p at 5000kbps, it becomes extremely blurry.

GucciOreo

Also I heard that it's better to disable game mode to ensure that the obs stream is stable.

FerretBomb

Streaming in 1080p 6000kbps gives completely fine stream quality, but when I downscale to 720p at 5000kbps, it becomes extremely blurry.
Downscaling will always incur a quality loss. In some cases, a significant one. This is expected.
Also I heard that it's better to disable game mode to ensure that the obs stream is stable.
As noted by qhobbes, In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer it's best to leave it on. Older versions of Windows it caused problems. You're running on old information.