Stream at one resolution, record locally at another?

zimzam

Hello,

I came across your software and it looks very interesting! I watched the guide and searched for the information, but I am still wondering - is it possible to record locally at a higher resolution than what you decide to stream at? e.g. record to file @1080 (or even full screen), stream @720?

Grimio

No, not possible right now.
This would also mean that you would need to encode it twice, which few PC's could handle.

zimzam

Ok, thanks for the reply. Xsplit has this feature which I use, which is why I was asking - and it doesn't tax my PC as you describe.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
This should probably go in the feedback/feature request forum. This feature is something I would like to do in the future, but due to time may not get around to being able to do for a longer time due to design issues with this. I do all downscaling on the GPU, and the GPU can generally only do one set of data at a time, and you don't want to be downloading multiple textures at a time from the GPU either. So it's a tough issue.

But with software scaling it should be possible.

zimzam

Thanks very much for the feature consideration. For myself, and probably for many others, the upload speed available is constrained, but hard drive space is plentiful. I love OSS projects, thanks for doing such great work!