Question / Help Stop capturing audio twice (iShowU)

Benjamin Solah

I've got an issue with my audio capture. I'm using iShowU audio capture to capture my desktop audio (music, soundboard from the stream deck etc.) but I'm also running my PS4 audio through my computer in monitor and output mode so I can listen to desktop sound and game sound through the same pair of headphones. Problem is, the game sound now outputs through both it's original capture card channel and again via the audio capture so you get a kind of double-up/echo effect especially if chatting to someone via PS4 Party chat. Is there a way for it not to be captured by iShowU?

Benjamin Solah

Set the monitor device in OBS to something other than your default output device.

Sorry dumb question, but can I set my default output device to something else? Like internal speakers (and turn the sound to zero) and then my monitor device to my audio interface. Would that work, also would setting my PS4 to monitor only (not output) mean that it only outputs once?

Narcogen

If you set the *default* device to something other than iShowU, then you'll lose the ability to capture music and soundboard.

What you want is to make sure that the device set as the monitor output in OBS is not a device OBS itself is trying to capture. It should be a hardware interface that is not the default.

If the problem is that the default device is the only one you can hear, then you need to tell OBS to send directly to another hardware interface (preferably headphones) and then ALSO tell iShowU to send there as well. If iShowU doesn't have a passthrough device you can use something like LineIn to do this.

https://rogueamoeba.com/legacy/

Benjamin Solah

Currently, my default is a multi-output device, combining both my audio interface with the iShowU Audio Capture, so if I set the monitor device to just the audio interface, it won't capture audio twice?