Stinger Transitions (And a couple other things)

Rufus M

I know I know, this has been requested a million times before, and I know it's coming. My question is when? I understand that you guys cannot devote all of your time to this project, and I'm not asking for anything of the sort. I would simply like a general idea (and I believe I speak for many people here) on when we can expect custom stinger video transitions in OBS. Thank you so much :)

Also MIDI hotkey support & overlay channels would be nice.

c3r1c3

Someone is actually working on MIDI hotkey support... had a interface mock-up go through a few days ago... no idea when it'll (if ever) be done.

What do you mean by "overlay Channel"? If you mean a DSK (Downstream Key), we've actually talked about it, and it's something I want to implement... but I have 2 other projects I'm working on in front of that one.

As to Stinger Transitions... I guess mean you transitions with soundFX? If so, no idea.

Rufus M

Stinger transitions are basically a video w/ transparency that appears over a cut, hiding said cut. For example when you see a sports station show their logo for a second in between two shots. And yeah, Downstream Key is what I meant... I looked it up. vMix calls that an overlay channel for some reason.

*Edit* Stinger transition example (watch the video on the right): https://youtu.be/b6t_P3Funek?t=4m37s

c3r1c3

Have you tried the transitions in Studio? By default you only see the cut, and cross-dissolve options, but if you click on the "+" under the Scene Transition area, you can do swipes, slides, luma wipes and fade to color.

I know that those aren't the more elaborate transitions, but at least they're there.

Last edited:

Rufus M

I have tried them, and while they're cool, they're not what I want. I have a video with a logo I would like to use, not just looking for something cooler than a fade.