Status of current stream

fredkruge

Simple idea (not sure if its been suggested in this wording, tried searching), I sometimes do offline recording sessions to test and only do a file output with no stream, and when I go to stream the next day I sometimes forget to change the broadcast setting to livestream. A simple thing I think would be helpful is at the bottom if there was somethign that said (based on if you had local recording or livestream selected)

Record to disk: (recording/not recording)
or
Streaming to twitch.tv (or whatever service selected): Live/not live

Reason I say this is because the button for starting a recording/stream session says 'Start streaming' but the wording doesnt reflect if your doing a local recording only.

Its a very small thing but just a thought.

IDEA: while I was typing this up I also thought of this, remove the need to change the mode from the settings menu in the broadcast settings and just add a separate button at the bottom right that says LOCAL RECORDING. I notice there are 2 columns, one with 3 buttons and one with 4 buttons I think the local record button would fit nicely :)

Mostly just a convenience thing to not have to switch through the settings menu every time.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You are indeed correct -- this will eventually be fixed. It's quite annoying.

...I say eventually because I just have so many things to do at the moment. Particularly the refactor code