Starting the output failed.

OGJerBear

Hello OBS forum!

I am attempting to help my friend out with resolving an issue that she faced when trying to start her stream.

The confusing part is that she was able to successfully stream two days prior to this attempt last night.

ETA: She is streaming her Xbox One via Rybozen 4K Audio Video Capture Card to an HP 15-fd0xxx laptop which has 4 GB of RAM (more RAM on the way that I will be installing).

I am posting the log file for any advice on what she can do to get the stream up and running. Thanks for any advice.

Link to the log file: https://obsproject.com/forum/attachments/message-1-txt.101241/?hash=0a5cc04223a84b53c6939148091e5f73

Attachments

• message(1).txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Suslik V

Code:
20:12:48.343: [qsv encoder: 'msdk_impl'] Unsupported configurations, parameters, or features (MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED)
Chosen encoder (Intel's QSV) doesn't supports some of the parameters you have entered.

In your case it is likely the image size (max possible "texture" size for the encoder). Something like 1920x1080 for OBS Settings > Video should work OK.

OGJerBear

Code:
20:12:48.343: [qsv encoder: 'msdk_impl'] Unsupported configurations, parameters, or features (MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED)
Chosen encoder (Intel's QSV) doesn't supports some of the parameters you have entered.

In your case it is likely the image size (max possible "texture" size for the encoder). Something like 1920x1080 for OBS Settings > Video should work OK.
Thank you so much for the help! My friend was editing some of her overlays and made them too big or something to that effect. Her resolution ended up being set to something way over 1920x1080. Simply changing it back to 1920x1080 was the solution for her!