Question / Help Starting the output failed. Can't use NVENC

clemlacascade

Hey guys,
I've recently had a problem with OBS, while using Parsec with friends.
It was working just fine fews weeks ago but when i tried to stream or record via obs I'm now unable to do it.

I've checked other threads about it and tried what I saw but no change.

Hope you can help me.

Cheers

Attachments

• 2020-03-23 19-47-31.txt
    12 KB · Views: 27

Narcogen

Your GPU is out of memory.

19:47:59.377: [jim-nvenc: 'simple_h264_recording'] init_session: nv.nvEncOpenEncodeSessionEx(&params, &enc->session) failed: 10 (NV_ENC_ERR_OUT_OF_MEMORY)

clemlacascade

Your GPU is out of memory.

19:47:59.377: [jim-nvenc: 'simple_h264_recording'] init_session: nv.nvEncOpenEncodeSessionEx(&params, &enc->session) failed: 10 (NV_ENC_ERR_OUT_OF_MEMORY)

when i look in the task manger it doesn't seem so.
I there anyway to fix it ? Cause it was working just fine and it still the same configuration as before

Cheers

Narcogen

Then the other possibility is that you're running one or more VR apps and those apps are using your available NVENC sessions. The 1080 can only have two running at once.

clemlacascade

Yeah this happen when i'm using Parsec or when I'm using vitural desktop.
But it's weird that it worked fine before, i was able to stream and record.

Narcogen

It's possible that those apps used to use only 1 NVENC session and are now using two? Or perhaps a session isn't being released properly.

rockbottom

Just re-start your computer. Probably not a good idea to be running OBS & Parsec at the same time.

If you want to remove the 2 stream encoding limit on your consumer Nvidia GPU, there is a script for that.....