Start OBS in FullScreen Preview Issues....ARG!

jason_e

Hello All.

Im hoping someone can shed some light on an issue I am having with getting OBS to start in fullscreen preview.
The setting "Save projectors on exit" is on
I go to fullscreen preview....
BUT

I can not access any means of shutting down OBS with the preview in fullscreen.
I have tried various keyboard shortcuts (alt-F4, etc, etc) but they all seem to shut down the preview window and then the OBS program.

I tried the same scenario on a mac and OSX has an upper drop down menu that overlays over the fullscreen preview that allows for OBS shutdown. In OSX it works like a charm and OBS starts back up in fullscreen preview as per required.

In windows 10, and on the machine that I need this to work on...not so much.

Am I missing a setting in windows 10 that is preventing me from getting to a usable shutdown menu in OBS (hidden behind the fullscreen preview) or other.

Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction. This is driving me a bit bonkers

jason_e

additionally....

this is the closest I have found in the forums to a solution:

however...im hoping there is something more to the point of "just" shutting obs down via the obs menu

As mentioned...I can get it to work in OSX but not in windows 10.

koala

I can close OBS with an active fullscreen projector on a single monitor machine by press and hold ALT-TAB, then choose (clicking on) the main OBS window from the app list that's appearing on ALT-TAB. This gives the main OBS window the focus, although visually nothing has changed. Now press ALT-F4 and OBS will close.

jason_e

Hi Koala

Thank you for responding to my question.

I had originally tried what you suggested with no luck.

After stewing about it I tried things on an older windows 10 machine with a different keyboard...and it worked like a charm.

I went back to the new machine/hardware...and the same keystrokes didn't pan out as per my original findings...which as you can imagine made no sense.

Turns out swapping the dell keyboard out for the apple magic keyboard allowed me to do what I needed to do in windows 10 with Alt-Tab etc. etc.

Bananas and very frustrating but I found the finish line.

Thank you once again for the help.

And...with that said....a request that I have seen many times over for OBS.

Is there any way a tick box can be put in the settings to allow for starting in fullscreen preview.

I realize there is a "sort" of work around with the "save projectors on exit" or with a few scripts that I came across..but these solutions seem like a round about way to get a fullscreen start up instead of tackling the function at its root.

OBS is great and powerful....why not add some icing to the already multilayered cake?