Stackexchange Community for Streaming

CentrixDE

Hello everyone :),

I want to introduce you the Stackexchange Community for Streaming. The Community should be for every type of Stremaing(Live-Streaming, Music-Streaming and much more...)

But why do i want to tell you about this?
- The reason is simple... I've seen a ton of questions about some sort of streaming(not just on this site) and i thougt if we could build a central point of interest at stackexchange, maybe this would be a very good place to ask some sort of "streaming" orientated place? On Stackexchange, there was a "OBS" Network which was closed by inactivity what i can understand. Why would someone ask on Stackexchange just some users if he could ask here the question right to the devs?

There must be at least 5 Users on Stackexchange who are following the proposing to get through the first stage ;)

Greetings
- CentrixDE

PS for mods: This should not be an advertisement for Stackexchange or something to prevent questions here but i've seen that some mods are not very happy about questions right in this forum about some sort of "Which bitrate do a need?", "Will my PC with the following specs work with obs?", etc...

Simes

The problem I see is that you have broadcasting (streaming to Twitch, Hitbox, Youtube etc) mixed in with using streaming media services (Netflix, Spotify etc). I think those two topics are very different things and mixing them together is going to cause a lot of confusion. I suspect your proposal will be rejected for that reason.

CentrixDE

@Simes, Thank you for your thoughts :) I changed it cause i can understand you ;) Now its basically just for Live-Streaming ^^ I would appreciate it if you would think of supporting this community/network.

Cryonic

Well, it looks funny but the design is not something that i would think of while searching for streaming topics.
Not many people there - no interest. There are facebook groups with thousands of people, so a website should have more traffic to be somewhat useful. Specially if it is a forum - it lives and dies with the community.
And mixing everything together will result in chaos. Different platforms like Youtube and Twitch have different rules and if you add consoles and PC and all the different streaming software on top of that - have fun. Even here where everything is sorted out, we have some problems here and there.

I would love to see a database with all the needed information, good search functions and multiple languages (i think the DE stands for Deutschland ^^) and when this is done - a forum attached to that later, so people can ask specific questions later.

CentrixDE

Yeah you are right, i'm from germany :D The reason why i would like to have such a central community is cause i'm surfing sometimes through different Forums, etc.... where a "Twitch" Forum exists. The problem what i have, now i'm registered in about 40 Forums just do see some links, download configurations or answer some things... I hate to be registered in so many Forums and websites who are sending me tons of e-mails per week.

On StackExchange you can use tags or some sort of "Prefixes" where you can define which platform do you mean, etc... And the "Moderators" are the Users which are very very active so this could be a nice way to have a centralized point for some sort of discussion about Streaming :) This is just my opinion but i think it could be very nice :P

Cryonic

Yeah it could, but special forums dedicated to a specific software or platform are usually way better. This is why we discuss OBS stuff here and Xsplit stuff on their forum (RIP - they have somewhat similar right now). For everything else we have Reddit.
Like i said, nothing wrong with it, but i highly doubt that people will prefer that over Reddit and forums like this one.
For me it is easier to go directly to the source and check it for solutions instead of searching somewhere else.
Sadly youtube and twitch dont offer anything useful besides a simple FAQ. If you are not partnered and huge, you dont get direct contact to people who work there, so troubleshooting is sometimes really slow and painful. But with software and hardware - it is way easier to go directly to the source.