Question / Help SRT Inputs problem OBS 25.0.8 (64-bit)

EdNJ

Trying to send the SRT stream(s) from Larix Broadcaster and GY-HC500 camera.
This input format seemed to work:
srt://192.168.1.135:9000?mode=listener&transtype=live (192.168.1.135 - IP of the OBS Studio)
The video appears and plays OK until the stream is stopped.
Restarting the steam - "no connection"
Adding second stream - "no connection"
Reboot the OBS - the first stream (whether camera or Larix) is displayed OK, but the second stream - no connection and stop/start of the first one - no connection either.
Was anybody able to have multiple SRT inputs with a reliable connection?

Attachments

• 2020-05-20 11-21-38.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 81

hilzi

Basically same here, I can get multiple streams working (on same IP, separate ports) from, in my example, 1 iPhone (7, iOS14) + 2 Androids (OS10 and 7). But if any of the streams is stopped, it can't be restarted without rebooting OBS. On reconnect I get error: Unknown connection error.

So answer to your question: no reliable connection with SRT (even with just single source). I think the port is not released or something (I am not a software guru...).

kukalikuk

Need a fix for this also, can't get the AV as input on reconnection, always need to restart OBS. UDP TS input works fine tho.
I need to get SRT working coz it happens to be better than my rtmp over LTE networks.

desimetallica

Hi all, I'm trying SRT with larix + OBS what i've seen is when you stop the connection from the smartphone, you need to reinitialize the SRT receiver on OBS, you can do this entering into Properties panel of SRT source and closing it by clicking OK. Now you can restart manually the remote SRT source, in my case Larix. This is a workaround.... the system should do this automatically but I dont know why something crash here...
Some good news from your side?

OdinsHall

Have you found solution? I am also unable to start an SRT stream to OBS.
On one PC when I created the Media Source it asked permission to open the firewall and I saw the process started (but phone did not connect). But on another PC it did not even ask about firewall and process was not started.

Hi all, I'm trying SRT with larix + OBS what i've seen is when you stop the connection from the smartphone, you need to reinitialize the SRT receiver on OBS, you can do this entering into Properties panel of SRT source and closing it by clicking OK. Now you can restart manually the remote SRT source, in my case Larix. This is a workaround.... the system should do this automatically but I dont know why something crash here...
Some good news from your side?

desimetallica

Have you found solution? I am also unable to start an SRT stream to OBS.
On one PC when I created the Media Source it asked permission to open the firewall and I saw the process started (but phone did not connect). But on another PC it did not even ask about firewall and process was not started.
Hello OdinsHall,
In my opinion:
  1. first of all you need to be sure that your are be able to open a socket from your OBS pc. Disable the windows firewall is the very simple way to be 100% sure that you can connect a remote SRT sender.
  2. Be sure you configured correctly the OBS listener srt//your_OBS_pc_ip:port?mode=listener&transtype=live
  3. On caller side I use larix application on my Oneplus6 android phone with: url: srt://your_OBS_pc_ip:port mode: caller latency: 600ms streamid: whatever
Usually firewalls blocks INGOING connection, therefore you need to be sure on the listener SRT side you have no firewall running (or open the port related to the OBS SRT process) on the caller usually the connection is OUTGOING therefore usually there are no problems with firewalls but you can also in this case disable windows firewall. Said that, be sure you operate in a LAN network and you are not firewalled from someone else in the network, if you work in WAN network you probably need a NAT and portforward the por to your private ip of your OBS listener.
Hope it helps

eriklanden

Have have the same problem, tested with OBS on both Mac and Windows. Three connected devices, Android x2 iPhone x1, all have works like a charm when booting OBS and is synced up within milliseconds to each other.

When any stream is stopped from the device that device is unable to connect until OBS is rebooted. It is really frustrating since I need to hand out phones on an event to people almost guaranteed will accidentally tap that button sometime.

All other solutions I have tested for bringing in video over LTE to OBS is no where as fast and good quality like Larex Broadcaster over SRT, so will go with solution anyway, but is someone have an idea on how to solve this I would be very grateful.

desimetallica

Have have the same problem, tested with OBS on both Mac and Windows. Three connected devices, Android x2 iPhone x1, all have works like a charm when booting OBS and is synced up within milliseconds to each other.

When any stream is stopped from the device that device is unable to connect until OBS is rebooted. It is really frustrating since I need to hand out phones on an event to people almost guaranteed will accidentally tap that button sometime.

All other solutions I have tested for bringing in video over LTE to OBS is no where as fast and good quality like Larex Broadcaster over SRT, so will go with solution anyway, but is someone have an idea on how to solve this I would be very grateful.

Have you tried, when you stop the caller on the phone, to disable/re-enable the media source listener SRT end next to this restart the caller? You should use some kind of intercom between video mixer room and remote operators btw.

DigibitDK

I'm having kind of having the same problem.
Turning the SRT-caller off and on, and picture will not always reappear - But there is sound! (And ofc connection is then ok).
Turning source / scene off and on a couple of times makes it work again.
Picture does come back on most of the times.

Last edited:

doobre

Just a guess, are you all using port 9000..? if so, don't use 9000 because it is a default for some other functions. Pick another

I am using larix broadcaster on 3 android mobile phones into OBS, with the mode=listener option and the only problem is the streams are not in sync with each other. so need too start them all at the same time, which is close but not exact..
BTW - I never have a stream stop once it has started.. but if it is not showing in the OBS source window, go to properties and select another input without clicking OK, then select the srt source again and it will appear, then click OK... and be aware that there is the option to pause the stream in the background options of the phone.
The best part is that larix broadcaster can continue to stream in the background, and also with the screen swutched off. Saving LOADS of battery time...
cheers CD

dbbrito

Larix's problem is the lack of synchronization when we use several cameras, there are several other srt apps that the synchronization is perfect and you don't need to keep synchronizing anything on obs. If anyone knows a way to solve this he will be the best srt on the market!

JuanPcSur

Larix's problem is the lack of synchronization when we use several cameras, there are several other srt apps that the synchronization is perfect and you don't need to keep synchronizing anything on obs. If anyone knows a way to solve this he will be the best srt on the market!
Others, with the features of Larix and free. Wich ones, please

eriklanden

What other apps are available for streaming to OBS via wifi (or LTE) with good quality? Does not need to be free, just work :) I need operators to be able to start / stop from their end.

eriklanden

I have tried SRT with the new version OBS for Apple Silicon on a M1 Macbook Pro, the connection issues are now gone. I have really tried to force it to crash. Turned off network on the server (OBS) , shut off wifi on both Android and iPhone devices when streaming, they all connect again flawless. This is good news since Larix is superior in video quality and also ability to use all functions within each devices camera.

I do now know if this is a fix in all versions for OBS or just works better on the Mac Silicon. I will try it out on the PC next week.