Speakers Audio input setting

Andrew Evenstar

This was a feature I used in xsplit before I happily made the switch over to OBS. I think the audio setting was called "SPEAKERS AUDIO" which pretty much broadcasted whatever sound was coming out of your speakers (things you could hear).

because OBS only lets you use 2 audio inputs... I can't feature my line in input, with windows audio AND a mic source.

In xsplit I could use whatever audio was coming out of the speakers ( which made the line in pc input and my music / windows sounds ) come from one input. Then my second input could be used for my microphone or whatever else.

This would be really helpful / useful for people who use their line in inputs, and want to feature their windows sounds like music, + a mic source.

I hope I explained it well. Pretty much now in OBS, I CAN feature audio from windows and a mic, but not sounds from my line-in input!

(by the way thanks for OBS, i will never ever EVER use xsplit again).

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
If you set your primary audio to "Speakers" (or probably just Default) you should be able to hear what is going out your speakers, no? I'm not sure I quite understand your setup, but if you set your primary audio to the same device as is outputting to your speakers, I don't see why you shouldn't get the same effect.

Andrew Evenstar

If I do the normal default setup it doesn't play the line in audio through the stream / OBS. It will only play music and windows sounds.

If I wanted the Line In port I would have to set "Line In" on the Mix/Aux device... but i use that setting for my mic.

Right now OBS doesn't seem to have a setting that will play windows/desktop audio + LINE in on ONE setting. That's why I brought up xsplit or the livestream procaster because it has a setting called " Speakers audio" or something similar to that name. It pretty much just sends all the audio coming out of your speakers to the stream.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Strange...if the stream can't hear the Line-in when you set it to default device, how can you hear the line-in?

One thing to try is to go to the Line-in Properties in your Recording devices, then the Listen tab, and say "Listen to this device" and select your default speakers as the device to listen to it...then your speakers will play back the Line-in and it should be heard on stream.

Andrew Evenstar

dodgepong said:
Strange...if the stream can't hear the Line-in when you set it to default device, how can you hear the line-in?

One thing to try is to go to the Line-in Properties in your Recording devices, then the Listen tab, and say "Listen to this device" and select your default speakers as the device to listen to it...then your speakers will play back the Line-in and it should be heard on stream.

That's the thing... is that i am not setting "Line-In" to "default device". In the OBS settings I have this.

Desktop Audio Device - Realtek High Definition Audio
Mic/Aux - Microphone (Webcam Mic)

When i used xsplit/procaster, there was a setting for audio that was called something like "Speakers Audio", which broadcasted whatever sounds that was coming out of my speakers. It was broadcasting the "Line In" audio along with the Audio from the "Realtek High Definition Audio" sound, it was one source.

I can definitely hear the "Line In" sounds without changing the settings you suggested because that is where my xbox / ps3 sounds come from into my computer.