Space bar starting and stopping recording

dgatwood

I have the space bar set up as the transition hotkey in a configuration pulled over from my Mac. Unfortunately, much to my chagrin, OBS 27.1.3 is handling the space bar in a baffling way, treating it as a right-click on the last button pressed, and there seems to be no way to fix this. (Worse, by default, that means it stops and starts the recording.)

This occurs in both gdm3 and lightdm. In fact, I'm starting to suspect that this might be an actual regression in OBS itself, because there's a similar thread about this problem on Windows:

Any ideas?

chrismorris

I have the space bar set up as the transition hotkey in a configuration pulled over from my Mac. Unfortunately, much to my chagrin, OBS 27.1.3 is handling the space bar in a baffling way, treating it as a right-click on the last button pressed, and there seems to be no way to fix this. (Worse, by default, that means it stops and starts the recording.)

This occurs in both gdm3 and lightdm. I tested spacebar button using the space bar clicker and it works there as it should. In fact, I'm starting to suspect that this might be an actual regression in OBS itself, because there's a similar thread about this problem on Windows:

Any ideas?
You're right. Its something with the OBS itself.. I had the same problem on my Mac as well as my brother's Windows laptop. Can anyone share any workaround to disable spacebar recording hotkey?