Resource icon

OBS Lua Source toggler 0.0.4

elPaco

hi great @Exeldro great plugin, thanks for sharing...
i have a question/request...

is it posible to add to this pluging, the ability to enable visibility of different sources randomly (one of a group) everytime the containing group scene gets called? or do you know of any other plugin that do this?... thanks in advance!
nevermind I found the perfect alternative.

thanks!

I been thinking of this what I need... I need a script that will turn on or off all sources in a scene with a #hashtag.

Like if I have 4 sources; (source1 #open, source2 #open, source3 #close, source4 #close)

then I can run the script with #open - on to turn all the #open sources on...

ottawafro

Sent you a reply in the other forum regarding the source toggler.
This will only allow one to be on at a time.

What do you mean by hashtag ?

Had said earlier about a macro or several to do this with the advance scene switcher... if need several sources to be on at once.

ottawafro

It's a plug-in that allows you to set macros

rusty1

This is the most essential OBS Lua Script. But the "always on" feature seems to not always work for me. Some entire scenes aren't supporting the "always on" feature. In some scenes, some sources work and others don't. I have reloaded the script after modifying the scenes. Any ideas?

Gemfruit

I had an issue where my 4th duplicated scene (4 nested scenes, I copy the main and rename "lakitu-1, lakitu-2, lakitu-3, lakitu-4").
I believe if you configure the lua script to work on a scene that doesn't exist yet, if you end up creating the scene after, it won't work until you close OBS and launch again. When I made lakitu-3, it worked fine (duplicated first, added 3 AND 4 to script at the same time). Went back and created 4, wouldn't work, until reboot.

Not a huge issue, but I could see users setting up the script before the scenes (if they know the naming like I did), which (if I'm correct) will result in this temporarily broken behavior.

Absolutely useful and fantastic script, thanks!

CodeYan

I had an issue where my 4th duplicated scene (4 nested scenes, I copy the main and rename "lakitu-1, lakitu-2, lakitu-3, lakitu-4").
I believe if you configure the lua script to work on a scene that doesn't exist yet, if you end up creating the scene after, it won't work until you close OBS and launch again. When I made lakitu-3, it worked fine (duplicated first, added 3 AND 4 to script at the same time). Went back and created 4, wouldn't work, until reboot.

Not a huge issue, but I could see users setting up the script before the scenes (if they know the naming like I did), which (if I'm correct) will result in this temporarily broken behavior.

Absolutely useful and fantastic script, thanks!
While I believe this is possible to be fixed in the script, wouldn't it suffice to just reload the script instead of restart obs?

Carver

Hey there,
Thank you for the script it works nicely

I have a question tough, would this be possible to make a "modded" version that allow only 2 sources instead of 1
I have sources nested within a group, tagged by name with a recurring accurence of right and left
I would love to have script working to show max 1 left and max 1 right.
is there is a way to detect a word occurence in source'sname to make it works like i would want?

thank you for anyone answering, i know a little bit of c# but not enough to make it works alone.
Cheers

TMBGeeks

When renaming scenes/groups you have to change them in the script as well. Would it be possible to auto-update them?