Source Still Frame filter

lioran

General Idea of the Filter would be.
-Turn on the filter.
-The source stops updating its graphic so you get a still frame.
-It could be for a set duration or indefinite.
-Maybe allow to select a region to freeze rather than the whole source.
-It could be activated with a shortcut as well. (Would greatly prefer it activating on Filter on/off, or some other way to activate them through OBSwebsocket)

I would definitely use this, I also know other people that would definitely use this.
I believe this wouldn't be too hard to accomplish using the Render Delay filter and just modifying it a bit so it copies the first frame it gets when activated and reuse that frame indefinitely and reset every time it is turned on and off.

lioran

We still would love that plugin, We currently have to use a convoluted way of doing that.
And that Method can cause OBS to crash for some people, because it is a plugin that is not intend for that reason.
We use a replay plugin that replays 1 frame and pause, Problem with it is, it's always recording so using tons of resource. It crashes randomly. Can only be activated through hotkey. and it always pop 1 frame late.
We see tons of people asking us how we accomplished that effect on our stream. Just having a plugin for it instead would be great.

Exeldro

I might have a go at this. I will start with a simple version version and add features later.

lioran

I feel like a guy playing an MMORPG that finally got the rare drop he was looking for.
thank you very much.