Source Search Helper

Source Search Helper 1.0

I3ordo

one great addition to this would, having the option to search for a filter instead. for example , you used to have some VST plugins that you dont need to use anymore and you select "filters" from the drop down and enter "loud-max" to the search box and it gives you a list of sources that has a VST plugin similar to loud-max and when that list item selected, it highlights the selected source that has that filter.it could also search for a filter type as well like search for "compressor" so it list all the side chains ...

GrumpyDog

one great addition to this would, having the option to search for a filter instead. for example , you used to have some VST plugins that you dont need to use anymore and you select "filters" from the drop down and enter "loud-max" to the search box and it gives you a list of sources that has a VST plugin similar to loud-max and when that list item selected, it highlights the selected source that has that filter.it could also search for a filter type as well like search for "compressor" so it list all the side chains ...

Good idea. Will look into it ASAP

nuttylmao

Any way to get this script to find EVERY instance of a source? Currently, when I search for a source that is present in multiple scenes, it only outputs the first instance that it finds. Unless I am doing something wrong?

GrumpyDog

Can this search for Scenes which are nested in other scenes as sources?

It should if you search by the source name.

Currently it does not recognise Nested Scenes as a Source Type. I am working on a solution to see if this can be added as a search param.

GrumpyDog

JEJ updated Source Search Helper with a new update entry:

Version 0.5

Please backup your old file before updating. Report any issues.
  • Bug: Fixed issue that prevented filtering / searching & listing "Nested Scenes"
  • Changed Search Param Field name from "Source Filter" to "Source Type" to prevent confusion between filtering results and searching "Filters"
  • Changed Search Param Field name from "Filter Types" to "Filter Type"

Read the rest of this update entry...

Dzemi

When is finds all the sources/scenes it lists numbers next to each and then activates a found scene, however i am unable to switch between the found scenes from the script. In order to get another scene to auto activate I have to delete the source it finds from the current found scene. I dont always need to delete the source, sometimes i just want to change settings. Is there a way I can switch between the found scenes and sources to activate them without having to manually go to each?