"source continuously spins" filter

prester_john

Hi, would it be possible for someone to make a simple Lua script that just makes the affected source spin continuously, with a slider for speed? I want to put it on my webcam with some other filters to make custom trippy visuals.

Exeldro

You can use Move Source filters of the Move Transition plugin to do that, the speed can be changed by changing the duration of a move.

prester_john

Cursory overview of this plugin made me think that having a continuously spinning webcam this way would require continuously triggering scene transitions, which I can't do while I'm doing the other stuff I want to do on stream.
I think it might be possible by making a loop with an additional automatic scene transitions plugin but it seems like a very unnecessarily complicated and potentially glitchy or laggy way of doing something which should only really require one slider.

Also doing it like this prevents me from having multiple things spinning at different speeds, which I'm not sure I'll actually end up doing but it would be nice to be able to experiment with that.

Thank you for the work you've done for the community btw

Exeldro

If you use the move source filter and not the move transition, you don't need scene transitions and every source can have it's own timing

prester_john

Hey this is working!
Can't believe I scrolled past this a bunch of times, I didn't even realize that Move Transition and Move Filter were different.

Can you share what settings was use to make it spin continuously? Mine spins to 360 spin clockwise but then it spins backward everytime it loops back

actually I found this script in the forum. This spins and stops via hotkey. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work when the source is inside a group

forwarduk

been trying to make my cams spin on constant rotation for ages now. I use the Move Source filter on a camera source, and do this..

Move Source 1 - base start
Move Source 2 - rotate 360

"On Next Move" go to Move Source 1, then Move Source 2 >1 in a loop.
it doesn't spin continously, I don't think there is a way to do this.

However, I would be lost without the Move Transition plugin, Great job Exeldro!

LordAdrøx

Has anyone managed to get something spinning continuously? I have it spinning from North > East > South > West but when it goes back to north it reverses its rotation even tho rotating normally would be a shorter travel time. I have even tried making a second north transition but it still goes reverse. Any ideas?

dighawaii

Hey guys, I found the thread and managed to get Move Source to spin a source continuously by chaining 1-2-1-2... Great!
Only problem is that the top leftmost is used as the anchor point, while I need the center to be the rotational point.

Tinkered around and couldn't find a cure.

Any idea?

saltyd

Hey guys, I found the thread and managed to get Move Source to spin a source continuously by chaining 1-2-1-2... Great!
Only problem is that the top leftmost is used as the anchor point, while I need the center to be the rotational point.

Tinkered around and couldn't find a cure.

Any idea?
Right-click on source - Transform - Edit Transform - then change the positional alignment dropdown box :)