Sound cutting off

serlopezord

I am having trouble recording videos with OBS, sometimes it works fine but sometimes there are cuts in the sound. Sometimes it happens for 10-15 seconds, sometimes even more... I have attached a log to see if that helps, because I have no idea why this is happening. Any help would be really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2024-06-11 18-35-04.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 16

serlopezord

I read in another post that the "Noise Gate" filter could be causing this. I have disabled that filter and keep the Noise Suppression one and it has happened again. I am attaching the log file.
I really want to keep using the noise suppression filter, as it helps me a lot when I am recording, but is that is what is causing me problems, I will remove it.
Any help would be really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 2024-06-18 08-43-50.txt
    35 KB · Views: 10

AaronD

I really want to keep using the noise suppression filter, as it helps me a lot when I am recording, but is that is what is causing me problems, I will remove it.
Try it with no filters whatsoever, even if you're going to put some back on for specific reasons.

The noise suppressor is designed specifically for spoken voice, and nothing else. Music is considered "noise" to be removed, as if you were on a conference call, right under a speaker, and the lobby music was a bit too loud. Does that explain the behavior?

serlopezord

Yes, thanks for the answer... The thing is that those videos are myself talking and recording my screen, as it is for an online training course, so I would like to have the noise suppression filter active to keep everything else out... I will try out without any filters, but sometimes it is hard because there are other background noises getting into the recording...

AaronD

there are other background noises getting into the recording...
Like most things, the less you make it do, the better it works...

But you also said:
Sometimes it happens for 10-15 seconds, sometimes even more...
That seems way too long to be a noise suppressor, but try it anyway.
Nothing jumps out at me from the logs, and the Analyzer (link in my sig) doesn't find anything either. Do you have a loose connection, perhaps?