Question / Help (SOLVED) Webcam not being recognized in sources

djsharkin

[SOLVED] Camera / Multiple Cameras Not Showing Up in OBS - NOT Bit Defender NOT "Deactivate When Not Showing"

There's a lot of information all over the web about the problems with OBS not seeing cameras, especially when using multiple cameras. Some of the advice is:
- Allowing camera(s) through firewalls / virus software (especially the bit defender problem)
- Right-Click Camera (source or scene depending on where you embedded your camera) > Properties > "Deactivate When Not Showing"
- Right-Click Camera (source or scene depending on where you embedded your camera) > Properties > Video Format > set to MJPEG
- Loading Camera(s) > Shut down & restart OBS and it magically appears
- If you have two identical cameras rename one of the devices in the registry

For me, none of these things worked. I'm running 3 cameras+:
- 1 Logitech BCC950
- 2 Logitech C930e

The very simple fix was: MAKE SURE EVERY CAMERA IS PLUGGED INTO A DIFFERENT USB PORT. They all work when plugged into USB Hubs, as long as each USB hub is plugged into a seperate USB port on my computer.

Then:
- UNCHECK "Deactivate When Not Showing" (this way the camera won't shut off, will be guaranteed to load when switching scenes, and will load instantly)
- CAMERA SOURCE (e.g. MJPEG) - doesn't matter; whatever makes your camera look / work the best ("auto" works fine for me)
- NO NEED TO RENAME identical cameras in the registry

I spent weeks trying to get multiple cameras to work in OBS; some folks even said it's not possible without a video switcher -- my three cameras work flawlessly, natively, right out of OBS... finally.

I hope this helps someone else.
Suggest me an action camera for obs in macbook pro? because few camera doesn't recognize in the software. Dont suggest GO pro.

djsharkin

Suggest me an action camera for obs in macbook pro? because few camera doesn't recognize in the software. Dont suggest GO pro.

JockeyBalboa

Hi, I’ve noticed this is from a few years ago but I’m having camera issues.

My OBS Studio isn’t finding my webcam (Razer Kiyo). Although when I load OBS the webcam ring light flashes as if it’s on but then turns itself off. The webcam is very new.

Last night it worked fine although I did have this problem and can’t remember how I fixed it before.
I need a permanent fix – this has only just started happening. My privacy settings are correct too.

princesskatja

I spent weeks trying to get multiple cameras to work in OBS; some folks even said it's not possible without a video switcher -- my three cameras work flawlessly, natively, right out of OBS... finally."

I don't have a problem getting 3 cameras to display. It's when I try to show more than 3 that OBS will start dropping them. I can even hear the camera click (activate) but no video shows. Very frustrating as this camera issue isn't repeated by any other apps I'm using.

paulpavlinovich

[SOLVED]

For me, none of these things worked. I'm running 3 cameras+:
- 1 Logitech BCC950
- 2 Logitech C930e

The very simple fix was: MAKE SURE EVERY CAMERA IS PLUGGED INTO A DIFFERENT USB PORT. They all work when plugged into USB Hubs, as long as each USB hub is plugged into a seperate USB port on my computer.

I spent weeks trying to get multiple cameras to work in OBS; some folks even said it's not possible without a video switcher -- my three cameras work flawlessly, natively, right out of OBS... finally.

I hope this helps someone else.
Yes it certainly did and is exactly right. I too am running three cameras and the second each was in its own unique port off they all went in OBS. THANK YOU!!

Paul

Héraès

I found the consistant solution for me :

FACT #1 -
Windows and/or OBS can't manage a Webcam and an HDMI capture card plugued in different USB ports at the same time, because of a lack of power supply in USB controllers managed by the MOBO.
FACT #2 - Changing randomly the ports can help, but sometimes it doesn't work anymore and you don't know why.

SOLUTION : if you have yellowsleep-and-charge” ports (in my case, they are pink onm y ASUS P6T DELUX V2), make sure you use them for (at least) one of the two devices that can't work together ! Thus, enough power will be send to the device(s).

How did I figured it ? --> I noticed that during the randomization of the cables to try to make the two aforementioned devices to work, I never used the two pink ports because my Keyboard was pluged in them (I takes two ports).