Question / Help [SOLVED] OBS Studio 21.1.0 Fps lag on OBS but not on game?

RedPixel

When i attempt to stream i look over at my obs and see in the right corner that it hits down to 30 fps when i have been able to stream at 60 before?

None of my specs have changed the only thing that has changed has been my monitors

My current main monitor is a MG248QR 144hz monitor and my second is some shitty one that i bought

My specs are:
Intel Core i7-6700 3.40GHz
GeForce GTX 980
16 GB Ram
and all my drivers have been updated to the newest

As i stated before i've never had this problem before

I have tried removing all my profiles on obs and redownloading it, didn't work
I have tried fiddling with the settings, didn't work

I don't know what else to do than to look on here for help so thank you in advance even if it doesn't work

Logs: https://pastebin.com/ygGN8BjC

Last edited:

BK-Morpheus

Can you provide a log file with a stream/recording attempt, so we can see, if OBS has enough GPU resources to render your scene fast enough (this rendering is happening even without streaming/recording)?
Does this problem still occurs, when you remove all programs/windows (including OBS) from your 60Hz Monitor?

RedPixel

Can you provide a log file with a stream/recording attempt, so we can see, if OBS has enough GPU resources to render your scene fast enough (this rendering is happening even without streaming/recording)?
Does this problem still occurs, when you remove all programs/windows (including OBS) from your 60Hz Monitor?
1. where do i find the logs? (just found it)
2. The lag only happens when i'm in a game, once i'm tabbed out of the game it's all fine

BK-Morpheus

Output 'simple_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 7615 (5.1%)
Seems like the GPU is utilized up to 99%, so OBS rendering can't keep up. Solution: Cap ingame fps to a value, that your GPU can handle at any time with less then 95% load.
Also disable Win10 Game DVR (at the moment it is activated) and Shadowplay (no idea, if Geforce Experience is installed).

RedPixel

Output 'simple_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 7615 (5.1%)
Seems like the GPU is utilized up to 99%, so OBS rendering can't keep up. Solution: Cap ingame fps to a value, that your GPU can handle at any time with less then 95% load.
Also disable Win10 Game DVR (at the moment it is activated) and Shadowplay (no idea, if Geforce Experience is installed).
Geforce experience is installed and i will disable windows 10 game dvr right away! Once i figure out how to xd