Question / Help [solved] MSVCR120.dll is missing...?

Kjotleik

I cannot open OBS-Multiplatform.

Upon install (tried both 0.11.2 and 0.11.4) I got it opened just fine (x in the open program-box upon installing). However every recording was black. The sound is fine, though. Opening it up in Audacity confirms that my recordings have all four sound-tracks (two for game, and two for microphone).

But the graphics is missing.

Upon exiting and trying to opening the OBS-MP program again, I get the message "MSVCR120.dll is missing. Try re-installing the program."

So, I tried re-installing 0.11.2, but same message appears.

Any chance to have a OBS-MP version that actually includes this file? Why is it not in the installation in the first place?

I'm sorry if this is obvious to anyone else, but to me... I'm in the dark here...

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro, and have had absolutely NO problems with standard OBS. Well, except from having to do what everybody has to, to figure out the settings...(they're horrible as default).

All tips are welcome!

Yours Sincerely
Kjotleik of Norway

Kjotleik

I can confirm that installing the 64-bit package was enough to get OBS Multiplatform to function. I did not have to install the 32-bit package at all.

A big, big thanks to dodgepong! You made life a lot easier for me by pointing me to the right place... 8-)

Case solved!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
You will have to install the 32bit package if you want to run the 32bit version of OBS MP or capture 32bit games on the 64bit version.