Question / Help [SOLVED] Capture part of a window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtrock

Sorry if this has already been covered, but is there a way to capture just part of a window/monitor in the new Studio? I have a window playing in a browser and have to run it through another program to crop what I want. Is there a way to do that in OBS Studio?

Otherwise, the program is great and I love it. Thanks!

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Right click the source in OBS -> Filters, add a crop filter. It is planned to make this easier in the future!

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
It is planned to be brought back though in the future. To simplify the cropping process. Watch out for the next releases!

IronPhoenix

@shinchan the best Are you using OBS Studio? It's hard to miss.

3yX3aab.png

In the current version of the software there are no options for Adding A Crop these are the options we have with right click or by clicking on the gear box icon.

IronPhoenix

Right click on a source -> Go to Filters -> Right Click -> Add -> Crop/Pad

Gotcha! I see it now but that's not what I am looking for. I want to capture a certain part of the screen. All that crop does is allow me to reduce the size of the screen by bringing down the pixels it doesn't actually remove parts of the screen I want gone. I want to tell it exactly what location to record and nothing else. I have yet to find a feature that allows this.

Status
Not open for further replies.