Solid settings recommendation for Ubuntu 22.04

matanster

Could you recommend output settings that would work for fresh installed untweaked Ubuntu 22.04 for making it successfully make recordings?

Currently, when hitting Stop Recording, OBS remains in the status "stopping recording ..." forever, so I can't get to seeing it all working for me, and I would wildly assume that perhaps some settings need to be changed from their installation default in order to arrive at successfully recording.

I would like to use:

1. Camera capture ― seems to be working in preview mode
  2. Screen capture ― seems to be working in preview mode
  3. Audio capture ― the audio visulazation bar seems to react well in preview mode
  4. I also get a v4l2sink plugin error upon startup, since it's an upgraded Ubuntu and re-installed latest OBS. can't figure how to scratch out OBS knowing about that deprecated plugin.
  5. Finally, overlay the camera capture over the screen capture (blending) but can't find where or how I can set the camera stream to have lesser weight in the blend than the screen capture. I got blending to work in the preview mode, but can't figure how to change the blend weight. Which is admiteddly not a setup question so ignore it.

It used to all work on the same machine well few years back on at an older Ubuntu version with an older OBS version, so I'm optimistic.

Is it easy to suggest a working configuration for Ubuntu 22.04?

Is the configuration also transferrable between machines?

Last edited:

matanster

Here are my current output settings:

1712522574390.png

matanster

My screen being captured is at 1920x1080 and so is the webcam used for video capture. I set FPS to 30 to avoid excessive load and file sizes.