sm7b+goxlr audio issue when I stream

rtxfrosty

I have been using a sm7b ,goxlr running from gaming pc to streaming pc. I use a line in that outputs my mic,game sound,music together. Then I run desktop audio for my alerts to go to my headset so I can hear. I have no issue streaming its crystal clear. My issue is when I make a recording I sound amazing. Crystal clear just like I hear in my headset. Got that top end broadcast sound. However when I go live all audio is flat. Doesnt sound distorted but it sounds like game,music audio loses all fullness to it. Mic sounds like im using a cheap headset mic with a little eq to it. I have tried other mics . I always get same result. Mic on stream sounds boxy,very airy like im talking into a tin can at times.No matter what EQ I do or compression. I always get same result. I checked my levels and advanced in playback,recording inside windows all set to 2 channel 16 bit 48000Hz everything matches. I am hitting perfectly on the Mic level in OBS as well. I honesty dont know what 24 bit does but I dont have that option for everything. Anyways I always get the same result just low quailty output with lout of line noise that sounds very thin and boxy just very lower quality then what my recording are or hearing. If someone could help me that would mean a lot . Tired of pulling my hair out with this. I also use ground loop on my line ins,out but I still get a buzz if that helps. Everything for streaming pc in plugged into one power strip.Gaming PC has its own to try to stop any interference . However I do have some line noises,but I have heard others with line noise but still getting that high quality sound that this mixer and mic should give.

Last edited:

iTz_LouieV

I have been using a sm7b ,goxlr running from gaming pc to streaming pc. I use a line in that outputs my mic,game sound,music together. Then I run desktop audio for my alerts to go to my headset so I can hear. I have no issue streaming its crystal clear. My issue is when I make a recording I sound amazing. Crystal clear just like I hear in my headset. Got that top end broadcast sound. However when I go live all audio is flat. Doesnt sound distorted but it sounds like game,music audio loses all fullness to it. Mic sounds like im using a cheap headset mic with a little eq to it. I have tried other mics . I always get same result. Mic on stream sounds boxy,very airy like im talking into a tin can at times.No matter what EQ I do or compression. I always get same result. I checked my levels and advanced in playback,recording inside windows all set to 2 channel 16 bit 48000Hz everything matches. I am hitting perfectly on the Mic level in OBS as well. I honesty dont know what 24 bit does but I dont have that option for everything. Anyways I always get the same result just low quailty output with lout of line noise that sounds very thin and boxy just very lower quality then what my recording are or hearing. If someone could help me that would mean a lot . Tired of pulling my hair out with this. I also use ground loop on my line ins,out but I still get a buzz if that helps. Everything for streaming pc in plugged into one power strip.Gaming PC has its own to try to stop any interference . However I do have some line noises,but I have heard others with line noise but still getting that high quality sound that this mixer and mic should give.
I have the same issues please let me know if you find a solution

iTz_LouieV

Try disabling in control panel and re-enable it , try routing it through broadcast mix instead of chat mic
EQing your mic Doesnt doesnt hurt