Slow Performance w/ NEW IBM T14

etecsmedia

Hello,

I am new to OBS and would like to run this while playing ROBLOX and I am Fish. I tried adjusting my specs but my cam and overall performance is very slow when I start to record. The camera and game seems to perform ok up until I press the record button. I am not too picky about the quality of the video (but not too low). Can someone tell me what I should do to help improve my perfornance?

PaiSand

Please restart OBS and perform a test stream/recording of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

Also, you may want to start here:

In Youtube you'll find the first 2 videos on how to OBS:

PaiSand

Please run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) selecting recording or streaming based on your main focus, and apply the settings it suggest. Now restart OBS and test again as is, don't touch anything.
Do not use advance output mode, keep it in simple mode and for recording select one of the presets based on the quality you want. Test. Stay on the preset that gives you the best result your computer is able to perform.

As the Analyzer sugest, you are using an iGPU which isn't the best for a quality recording or streaming.
Try reducing at 30fps and test.

And remember, new isn't equal to enough to. I didn't know that IBM was still on the computer market. The model is clearly a good office computer but not to much for recording / streaming.

Lawrence_SoCal

Also, you have audio sources at a bunch of different sampling rates, which is bad especially for an under-powered system. This forum and others have discussions on how to fix that.