Slideshow - want to view images sequentially

Adam H. Berkey

I've added a slideshow to my project and ensure that the Randomize checkbox is not checked. However the slideshow still doesn't play one file after another based on OS X's folder viewing structure, which is 0-9, a-z. The order also changes every time I restart OBS. However, as long as OBS remains open, it will consistently play the same order that is established after opening OBS.

So it appears to randomly select the order that it will consistently play, if that makes any sense.

But how can I get OBS to play the files according to their number? Does each file need to actually be numbered in sequence? Right now they are not. Instead of having sequential names of: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... they have sequential names slideshow_01, slideshow_02, slideshow_03....

Any help would be appreciated. I have several slides that I'd like to come in order after each other but I can't seem to make OBS do that.

Adam H. Berkey

So here is what I found through my own discoveries: If I go to the folder and select all the files (Command-A), the slideshow WILL play the files in order, but just selecting the "Directory" option won't do that. It will just randomly choose files to play, and will repeat the same order of those random files until the next time OBS is restarted (if you have unchecked the randomize box in the slideshow settings box).

With that discovery, my "problem" has been solved.

I've added a slideshow to my project and ensure that the Randomize checkbox is not checked. However the slideshow still doesn't play one file after another based on OS X's folder viewing structure, which is 0-9, a-z. The order also changes every time I restart OBS. However, as long as OBS remains open, it will consistently play the same order that is established after opening OBS.

So it appears to randomly select the order that it will consistently play, if that makes any sense.

But how can I get OBS to play the files according to their number? Does each file need to actually be numbered in sequence? Right now they are not. Instead of having sequential names of: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... they have sequential names slideshow_01, slideshow_02, slideshow_03....

Any help would be appreciated. I have several slides that I'd like to come in order after each other but I can't seem to make OBS do that.

Ladysun1969

Hi, Adam -- I'm a new user of OBS, and found the same behavior wrt selecting "Directory" or individual files. I did eventually go in and name my files with sequential names ("01-pic" "02-pic" etc) and they played in order, but that was annoying to say the least! LOL

AFAICT, the only actual advantage to using "Directory" is that you can add files to that directory "on the fly" and OBS will see them right away, instead of having to go into the Source properties and explicitly adding that file to the list. (Does that make sense?)

I'd love it if "Directory" would work consistently (that is, respecting OSX's file viewing order) -- so if anybody reading this knows how to make that happen, I'd love to hear it!

thanks
-Michèle in California