Question / Help Sims 4 and OBS

Jesims

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if someone could help me with setting up OBS?

I have seen many YouTubers use OBS as their recording software for The Sims 4, and personally I think the software alone is great, however, I am having difficulties matching the quality of other Sim Gameplays.

I would like to achieve this look: This

but instead I have this: This (Mine)

The look I want to achieve is achievable (it was a screen grab from a YouTuber I watch) whom uses the same reshade as me too but for some reason our Gameplay looks entirely different and in fact, mine looks sad.

I should add that when uploading my video to YouTube, it isn't as seamless as I would like--it does tend to have grain and discolouration. As well as in the editing software (I use Filmora to edit my videos, but Filmora isn't the issue).

I can list my specs below if that will be useful to anyone:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz

System Type: 64-bit Operating System,x64-based processor

Graphic Card: GeForce GTX 1060

Thank you to anyone that can help! I really appreciate it.

koala

Your topic is a bit misplaced here, because you don't have an issue with OBS itself but instead want to visually enhance and beautify the graphics of your game before you record or stream it. OBS is just grabbing what the game displays. You have to beautify it with whatever means is available within the game with a mod of that game. Perhaps you ask in some Sims 4 gaming forum how you can achieve this.

The video filters within OBS are different: they are typical generic effect filters commonly found in authoring software to modify colors, overlay and composite different sources and green-screen stuff. They don't include any enhancement function suitable to put more visual detail to a game.

Apropos your pictures: This does not seem to be some external graphics enhancement. The toon of the other gamer simply seems to have acquired more furniture and accessories than your toon. He painted the walls in a light color, he has accessories like a plant, a wallclock, a chalkboard, a hatstand etc. You have only some generic furniture. This is all a game feature for sure. I assume your toon can buy all that fancy stuff with the game's toy money.