Resource icon

Free Simple Weather Overlay

rscullyvt

I assume as much, but I am not familiar enough. Can you suggest what needs to be cropped and what needs to stay? Thanks!

BWalton

Love this. One question: How can I display ONLY the current temperature? I do not want max, min, or the icon, etc. Thanks for your great work.

Here's where I am using it, if you are curious: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-lzmyJ6rpl9KEgpQPU4rjA

I don't really remember how I did it, I think I just kept resizing in the source edit until it only displayed what I wanted, in my case the temp & the icon, here is what displays :

Capture4.JPG

Bill

ianmdesign

I doubt in the applications current state that this will be possible, but I'm a user of realtimeIRL, and it would be great if weather data can be linked and updated to your current location. Linking data directly to realtimeIRL would be brilliant, but even a new app if a partnership isn't available would be super cool. I do understand though that this would mean a major redevelopment of the overlay app. URL's are based on coordinates, so updating all of that might not be worth it for you. I just think this would be a cool feature to implement for streamers who may be going on road trips or long distance cycling trips. Great app!

Mrwayne

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this. Anyone can tell me what code should I add to the custom CSS in order to change my Text Color? I tried many

color: #ffffff;
color: rgba (255, 255, 255, 0)
but none worked.

Thanks

TimothyPowers

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this. Anyone can tell me what code should I add to the custom CSS in order to change my Text Color? I tried many

color: #ffffff;
color: rgba (255, 255, 255, 0)
but none worked.

Thanks

With a bit of experimenting, I was able to change the font style and color w/this custom CSS:

weather-updated-font.png

.WeatherInfo {padding: 5px; justify-content: center; align-items: center; text-align: center; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-weight: 600; color: #ffffff; border-radius: 5px;}

I also increased the font size of the city to 18pt:

.WeatherIcon {font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 18pt;}

Cheers!

Timothy

MareAlta

Doubt: With the same API key, i've created 6 weather locations! After testing sometimes recording, they sttoped the weather update!
At midnight, updates has returned and I could see all 6 weather temp.! This morning the info was already gone, with no updates.

The Main Question is: How many times can this API shows on streaming?

DarkSpork

Kinda wish there was a way to toggle sections off and on. Like wind speed and pressure. Because I'd love to stream my security cams when I do a hurricane evac and have the details available for later.

BeeEzRadio

hello, id like to mention the app isnt working and would like to share what i found.. the GET is success, and even independently works in another tab displaying my cities JSON, all good. but its forcing a call the "one call" and is returning 401

is there anyway to prevent the GET call for openweather's one call?
stat.png

ahyesiam

hello, id like to mention the app isnt working and would like to share what i found.. the GET is success, and even independently works in another tab displaying my cities JSON, all good. but its forcing a call the "one call" and is returning 401

is there anyway to prevent the GET call for openweather's one call?View attachment 87854
I’m having the same issue.

edge_case

Returning "Bad API Key" with fresh keys. Looks like a wonderfully elegant solution if it were working. If I have time some day I'll try to dig into it.

Yaranaika_san

Hello all. I wasn't aware of all these problems as I didn't get notification in my email. I'm sorry for that.

It seems that after I made this there has been an API update that might be causing problems to new keys. I tested my old keys and they work no problem, but with a fresh key I get the "Bad API Key" error you are all getting. I'll investigate and update the site accordingly.

As for changing fonts, I'll see if I can get Google Fonts to work, letting users load fonts from there using the font's name.

I'll try to fix these things as soon as possible.

ProBluesPlayer

Hello, I have waited 24 hours with my API key, but when I insert my key and information, it does not show up with anything in the preview? Seems like people have had similar issues recently.

Has there been any updates?

Reactions: HCa

ProBluesPlayer

Hello all. I wasn't aware of all these problems as I didn't get notification in my email. I'm sorry for that.

It seems that after I made this there has been an API update that might be causing problems to new keys. I tested my old keys and they work no problem, but with a fresh key I get the "Bad API Key" error you are all getting. I'll investigate and update the site accordingly.

As for changing fonts, I'll see if I can get Google Fonts to work, letting users load fonts from there using the font's name.

I'll try to fix these things as soon as possible.
Has there been any updates in regards?

Reactions: HCa