"Simple" Record to Disk Mode

Ramuh

Hello Everyone,

You all probably know Fraps and Dxtory, pieces of Software that have been around since forever, that are used by numerous people to record footage to use later on in movie projects, letsplays etc.

Now, they have a clear disadvantage, they cost money. OBS brings all the facilities to replace them, you can capture everything, and you can record locally to disk. If people ask me what they should use to record locally I always recommend OBS, because it's free, works great and in contrast to FRAPS, it brings on the fly encoding, which, if you have ever seen the gigantic files fraps generates can be a big bonus.

But, so it seems, OBS can be to difficult to set up for non tech affine people. That's the beauty of fraps, you start it, press one button, boom you're good to go.

What if OBS had a mode, or there'd be an application based on OBS, that was just that, one button, on the fly recording of the current window. There could be a few simple settings, like record mic, bitrate, toggle lossless on/off (I don't know if OBS supports lossless, but people seem to like this about fraps if they really want that), maybe a few more. Keep it really simple.

Cheers,
Ramuh