Resource icon

Simple Countdown Timer for OBS 3

Narrow River

Love this plugin! Super clean and super simple.

Could I ask for a feature request? Could you add a "hide timer" button on the dashboard, so I can hide it when it's not necessary?
Right now the only way to hide it is on the obs layout and it's quite inconvenient to have to find the source to toggle, unless there's another way you recommend?
Hi Shei
Yes you sure can ask for a feature. Glad you like the plugin. The only way currently would be ( as you say) to toggle the eye in the source. The other way ( that I use ) is to switch scenes . But I'm currently doing an update and part of it is checkboxes to hide/show pretty much all elements. It wouldn't be very difficult to to put a hide/show toggle on the main output. I will in a future update put a timer to the main hide/show toggle as well. The update is not progressing as quick as I would like but it is happening. I will explain in a post shortly.

Narrow River

Hi Everyone,

The small update has turned into a major overhaul of some things that will take some time coding and getting right. With Christmas near the coding has not gone as quick as I would have liked and the first release will be after Christmas sometime. The next update will start with Version 3. I'll include a pick of the main UI/Dock so far. I've added some features that people have asked for and and I'm changing the way the settings are accessed and displayed ( Allowing future upgrades and additions to the customisation of things to occur more easily ).

Be Blessed

Kelvin - Narrow River

Countdown.jpg

Narrow River

Hi Everyone, just an update on my progress. For those waiting on the next version. It's very nearly finished. Mainly just testing things before release. I should be releasing it on this Saturday. Cheers

Narrow River

Narrow River updated Simple Countdown Timer for OBS with a new update entry:

Simple Countdown Timer for OBS Version 3

Version 3
Major update with many changes

Still simple and user friendly but with many more features than the original
Some of the features/changes are as follows

The dock and output has been changed
Changed the way the time is displayed
The way the settings are accessed have been changed
Settings, colors and changes to text and time are instant (except for the font)
Removed OK buttons and enter now replaces them
Added checkboxes to hide and display output
Added sliders
Added days and hours...

Read the rest of this update entry...

napoellis

Hello, so I updated the plug-in but now I only get seconds.

I set the timer to 10 minutes and it's only showing the seconds no matter what.

Narrow River

Hello, so I updated the plug-in but now I only get seconds.

I set the timer to 10 minutes and it's only showing the seconds no matter what.
Hi napoellis,
I soon as I seen your message I downloaded and installed it to OBS and added ten minutes and here's a pic of the result (I haven't been streaming , so I haven' t used it myself but I did test it before I released it.) To begin with it will only show 00. When you add Minutes, Hours or days it will show the highest time imputed. The OK button has been replaced by a click of the return key or selecting another selection will do the same. If you input 10 minutes and press return the dock display and browser display should change automatically. Try adding minutes, hours or days again and pressing return. It should work. Let me know your results.

Attachments

• 2023-02-15.png
    2023-02-15.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 60

Narrow River

no response to this
I'm not sure you can, but I will look at it. My countdown timer is basically two web pages that talk to each other. OBS makes it easy to add one as a Dock and one as a Browser Source. Don't know how you can put that in an email. Some countdown timers are based of scripts and some are text files that change from an input program source. Maybe one of those could be added to an email?

Narrow River

I'm not sure you can, but I will look at it. My countdown timer is basically two web pages that talk to each other. OBS makes it easy to add one as a Dock and one as a Browser Source. Don't know how you can put that in an email. Some countdown timers are based of scripts and some are text files that change from an input program source. Maybe one of those could be added to an email?
Sorry for taking so long but I did look into it and it can 100% be done. There are programs that will do it. Here are two pics in gmail and outlook with a timer, ( Free but from what I found they had branding as you can see. To remove the banding there is a subscription on average it is $9.99 per month to use it without the branding. And that price usually increased with more features being unlocked. ) My countdown timer for OBS is totally free and always will be. At the moment the browser display of the countdown timer will not work in an email. But with some re coding it definitely will go in an email. I'm not sure how it will all work but I am going to give it a go and I will most likely be charging a one off amount $10 to download it with free updates. ( Because you introduced me to the idea you would get it for free )

GmailTimerPic.jpg

OutlookTestTimerPic.jpg