Question / Help Silent Install & Confirm autoconfiguration wizard

manuk

Hello, I would like to install via software distribution OBS-Studio-24.0.3-Full-Installer-x64.exe as silent. When you start the wizard opens and I can choose streaming or recording. I would like to have standard recording and accept the default values as default. But what parameters do I specify for the configuration wizard?

koala

You do a silent install by calling "OBS-Studio-24.0.3-Full-Installer-x64.exe /S". A capital /S.

This will not create a default configuration for any user, so the auto configuration wizard will start on the first start of OBS anyway.
If you want to push some default configuration for a user, you have to generate some on a master machine, package the files under "%APPDATA%\obs-studio", and deploy this package in user context.

But since OBS is a somewhat advanced program that complete beginners aren't able to use, it should be no problem for any OBS user to click the autoconfiguration wizard away or through it. Moreover, it's recommended to click through it, because it will create a configuration suited to the actual performance of the hardware. Something that is not granted if you just deploy some reference configuration from some master machine.