Resource icon

Free Show Pressed Keys 0.0.1

fathom

fathom submitted a new resource:

Show Pressed Keys

I wanted a way to be able to show my movement keys as well as clicks on my mouse, but I was unable to find anything to my liking. I decided to create something, and I thought others may find it useful.

mouse-preview.png
wasd-preview.png

Show Pressed Keys - Overlay for WASD and Mouse

I wanted a way to be able to show my movement keys as well as clicks on my mouse, but I was unable to find anything to my liking. I decided to create something, and I thought others may find it useful.

View attachment 3201 View attachment 3202

There is an individual script for the mouse and keyboard.

1. Run one of the scripts
2. Drag the window to your desired location
3. Select 'Save Position' from the tray menu.
4. Use Monitor Capture in OBS and cover the window

Additional mouse skins...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

Maspers

It looks great! Can you make a version that has Q W E R T on top, A S D F G in the middle, and Z X C Space at the bottom?

frankbackes

Hi,
IS there any change to get a version that allows to define what keys get shown on the screen? for a full keyboard for example or only some keys to provide Photoshop tutorial for exaple it would be nice to have the onscreen key strokes
thx

fathom

Hi,
IS there any change to get a version that allows to define what keys get shown on the screen? for a full keyboard for example or only some keys to provide Photoshop tutorial for exaple it would be nice to have the onscreen key strokes
thx

Frank, I am actually in the process of re-writing this using Node.js, so it can be used with the CLR Browser plugin. This way, you won't have to do a screen capture. Unfortunately, the way I wrote this current project is not very customization friendly.

The new project will be using html, css, and javascript, so customization will be more user-friendly. I plan to put the new project up on github quite soon.

If you want a solution that is ready for what you describe, check out Noh Board http://sourceforge.net/projects/nohboard/

EDIT: Also, because you can use web fonts, your example of photoshop tutorial would work great if there is some sort of icon font (icomoon, font-awesome, etc) out there with all of the button icons.

Last edited: