Sharing JSON, Scenes, Sources, & Paths

Rex Castle

I have a group of people I'd like to share my OBS templates and share Scenes & Sources with. They are spread all over the U.S. I know how to Export and Import a Scene Collection, so I can share the JSON file. My challenge is I cannot figure out how to share the Sources and the Path in such a way that a recipient can Import the JSON file and use it. We use MS Teams (predominantly) to share larger files (videos, images, some PowerPoints). It Zips larger elements (like a folder) on download. I also have a Dropbox account, but regardless I'm not sure if there's a great way to share a Path. Any thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated (a "sharing" platform that works for this? a plug-in?...). Thank you for your consideration

Lawrence_SoCal

The source references a fixed path
So
- either create/determine/use a 'standard' path on all PCs
- figure out how to edit JSON file to match target system
this most likely requires understanding NTFS path references and the difference between Windows shortcut and actual full path references

So, one option would be to use something like C:\Users\Public\Documents
Or, if you are old-school and know how/why to not have user data on c:\, and have a separate partition/drive for data, then D:\OBS-Data (or whatever)
or, run a text search and replace to change path from source to each destination for the JSON before importing
I'm sure there are other options, including junction points, but depends on an even better understanding of underlying NTFS... so I won't go there at this point

Rex Castle

The source references a fixed path
So
- either create/determine/use a 'standard' path on all PCs
- figure out how to edit JSON file to match target system
this most likely requires understanding NTFS path references and the difference between Windows shortcut and actual full path references

So, one option would be to use something like C:\Users\Public\Documents
Or, if you are old-school and know how/why to not have user data on c:\, and have a separate partition/drive for data, then D:\OBS-Data (or whatever)
or, run a text search and replace to change path from source to each destination for the JSON before importing
I'm sure there are other options, including junction points, but depends on an even better understanding of underlying NTFS... so I won't go there at this point
Thanks, Lawrence. Information is much appreciated. Going to be a challenge to bring my entire group into the fold, but if I can get 75% I'll be ahead of the game.