Question / Help Setup OBS with BlackHole Question

eburman

Hi all,

I'm looking to connect OBS and BlackHole to allow for multiple audio outputs to run through Zoom.us so users at the other end of the video conference can hear my voice along with other audio sources playing in the background (Spotify, YouTube, etc.) I'm struggling to understand the best way to do this.

What I've done so far:
  • Blackhole - Created a Multi-output device in Audio Midi Setup (see attached)
  • OBS - Added External Mic and BlackHole as separate Mics (see attached)
  • Mac Sound Preferences - Set my output to Multi-Output device (see attached)
  • Zoom - Selected multi-output as my speaker (see attached)
    • If I change the microphone to BlackHole, the users on the other end can hear the Spotify audio but not my voice, and vice versa. I want both to be traveling through at the same time.
The above isn't working and I think I'm missing something obvious. Anyone out there no what a solution could be for this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• multi-output device.png
    multi-output device.png
    671 KB · Views: 539
  • OBS Setup.png
    OBS Setup.png
    646.6 KB · Views: 538
  • sound preferences.png
    sound preferences.png
    487.2 KB · Views: 476
  • zoom settings.png
    zoom settings.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269711

Hi all,

I'm looking to connect OBS and BlackHole to allow for multiple audio outputs to run through Zoom.us so users at the other end of the video conference can hear my voice along with other audio sources playing in the background (Spotify, YouTube, etc.) I'm struggling to understand the best way to do this.

What I've done so far:
  • Blackhole - Created a Multi-output device in Audio Midi Setup (see attached)
  • OBS - Added External Mic and BlackHole as separate Mics (see attached)
  • Mac Sound Preferences - Set my output to Multi-Output device (see attached)
  • Zoom - Selected multi-output as my speaker (see attached)
    • If I change the microphone to BlackHole, the users on the other end can hear the Spotify audio but not my voice, and vice versa. I want both to be traveling through at the same time.
The above isn't working and I think I'm missing something obvious. Anyone out there no what a solution could be for this?

Thanks!

Let me know if you've figured this out! I'm having audio issues as well. I am using OBS as a Virtual Camera for ZOOM also. I have a LIVE WEBCAM as SCENE 1, and then I want to switch to a pre-recorded video to show my Zoom members. The VIDEO PLAYS just fine and everyone can see it, but NO AUDIO! They can only hear my webcam audio.

If you found a fix let me know, I need to get this up and running ASAP!

beyonder

I never thought of using Audio MIDI Setup to make a multi-output device. I know I can do what you want using Rogue Amoeba Loopback, not free both there is a demo so you can try it.