Question / Help Settings to use when streaming on twitch using OBS

bustybrazilans

I have a Skytech Archangel with a GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB of DDR3 ram, AMD FX 6300 six core processor 3.50 GHz. On OBS I have my settings set to encoder x264, rescale output 1280x720 check, CBR rate control, 2500 bitrate, CPU usage preset meduim, tune and profile set to none, scaled and canvas output 1280x720, downscale filter bicubic, interger FPS 60. Even with these settings any time I stream it is unwatchable, constant lag, delay, and frame rate drops. Does anyone have any settings they can recommend to fix these issues ???

koala

Your CPU isn't able to handle the x264 medium preset for this resolution and fps. Switch the encoder to nvenc. This relieves your CPU completely from encoding and is about the same quality as x264 veryfast, which is probably not even usable on that CPU for that resolution+fps.

bustybrazilans

Your CPU isn't able to handle the x264 medium preset for this resolution and fps. Switch the encoder to nvenc. This relieves your CPU completely from encoding and is about the same quality as x264 veryfast, which is probably not even usable on that CPU for that resolution+fps.
This helped tremendously !! there is still some jumps and delay but it is much improved THANK YOU !! any more tips ??