Question / Help Setting up a Webcam Delay

Hey OBS team!

I must say, bringing OBS on the Mac has truly been a wonderful experience. Smooth streaming and simply easy to use.

Obviously, there are many features that the Windows version has that the Mac doesn't at the moment. One of these features is the ability to set a webcam delay. In short, can we expect this in the next update? I'm using an Elgato Game Capture HD, so I haven't streamed using a face cam due to the ~1.5 second delay.

My current set-up relies on CamTwist for the appropriate screen capture of the Elgato Game Capture HD. I also use CamTwist for my overlays since I've been used to doing that, but it's great to see that OBS supports that as well right now. For audio, I use Soundflower (2ch - 64ch doesn't work, no biggie) as the desktop audio device.

I've tried adding VLC Player into the mix. I can successfully implement a webcam delay and with CamTwist, I can grab the screen to include in my stream. However, there is significant lag involved in playing my webcam through VLC Player, recording gameplay using the Elgato (I upload videos to YouTube, so I choose not to include the overlays), and streaming on OBS.

Any suggestions for creating a sustainable webcam delay in the meantime?

Thanks in advance!!

Nicholas

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It will be possible eventually. As you said, OBS is still missing a lot of features. It's alpha software, after all.