Question / Help Set YouTube stream title before starting the stream.

Paul-2018

Is there a way of setting up the stream title prior to initializing the stream? At the moment I have to load youtube on my browser after the stream starts in order to rename it to something else....
Tks

SumDim

No because thats between you and YouTube setting up the stream info prior to hitting the stream button. You need to do that before going live else viewers wont know WTF your stream is about.

Sounds like you are on a single monitor computing system. If you hate tabbing back and forth between browser, OBS, and your application/game, you need either another computer/laptop (recommended) or a multimonitor GPU card for support for extra monitors. A quick affordable solution is to go buy a cheap $200 Google Chromebook and run your YouTube live web admin panel on it. It will save CPU/GPU off the same box you are running OBS and your game on and let you not have to tab windows back and forth. There is one caveat though... the Chromebooks are Wifi and there will be a time difference between what you see in the return trip to the Chromebook (chat, video stream) and your game play. If you don't want Wifi lag, use a wired Ethernet computer/laptop.

Last edited:

Paul-2018

No because thats between you and YouTube setting up the stream info prior to hitting the stream button. You need to do that before going live else viewers wont know WTF your stream is about.

Sounds like you are on a single monitor computing system. If you hate tabbing back and forth between browser, OBS, and your application/game, you need either another computer/laptop (recommended) or a multimonitor GPU card for support for extra monitors. A quick affordable solution is to go buy a cheap $200 Google Chromebook and run your YouTube live web admin panel on it. It will save CPU/GPU off the same box you are running OBS and your game on and let you not have to tab windows back and forth. There is one caveat though... the Chromebooks are Wifi and there will be a time difference between what you see in the return trip to the Chromebook (chat, video stream) and your game play. If you don't want Wifi lag, use a wired Ethernet computer/laptop.

Just downloaded XSplit to give it a try and it looks like they allow me to change the stream
information before I start streaming, hopefully OBS will be able to do that in the future.

Thks

Attachments

• XSplit.jpg
    XSplit.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 974