Set a specific bit rate to be continuous?

fredkruge

Can a new setting be enabled to set a SPECIFIC bit rate that the program uploads at so there is less network fluctuation?
Reason behind this is, I have 2 megabit upload and I use a setting of 1.3 megabits while I stream. For most games this is fine but in a game like counter-strike global offensive when the upload rate fluctuates from 800kb/s to 1300kb/s my ping will fluctuate about 30 points which causes annoying reverberation and small things like that which is annoying and I believe can be fixed by being able to set a manual upload rate that is continuous. Is that possible? Im not maxing my bandwidth but its just the fluctuations in the OBS program that causes the ping irregularities that causes a problem in a game that runs like this. Thanks for reading.

edit: also even if I set the bit rate to 800, because of the change between when things are happening and when they arent I will still get ping inconsistencies which affect games like CS:GO more than it affects others. When im watching the upload rate and it stays steady at 1400 (even though I set the max to 1300....?) my ping stays where it should.

I am using 466a due to a bug I posted in the bug section (camera problem after version 466a versions) here

fredkruge

So I enabled that but its still going between 1000kb/s and 1300kb/s when I set the rates to 1100 each and enabled CBR, its improved the stabilization a lot but the difference between 1000 and 13000 is still noticable and makes small spikes. If this could get improved that would be awesome =)

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
It's not possible to get 100% constant zero-fluctuation constant bit rate. That's just not the way it works. CBR is just very little fluctuation. If your bit rate is riding the line of your uploads speed, you'll still have problems.

fredkruge

I see, I hate that all the ISP's in my area dont provide decent upload speeds.... my upload to download speed ratio is 1:30. I dont know why they provide such terrible uploads....