Question / Help "Server Failed to Connect" when livestreaming to Facebook

AldermanFarms

Hello Everyone,
I am having the same issues and haven't been able to resolve it either. Has anyone came up with a workable solution yet?
I'm sorry I haven't been back to update on my situation - I did get resolution, but it came via my ISP. They changed something in the ISP-provided router, but I don't know what. :-( I am now able to broadcast to FB and YT.

Virgoluke

I contacted a knowledgable technical support rep for my ISP, Brighthouse, we ran some test in and out of the modem's firewall and still not able to connect to the Facebook Live API server. This is getting hopeless, I am taking my laptop to work today and trying it over their WIFI, however they also have Brighthouse for internet. Does anyone else have any solutions? Have a happy and safe holiday weekend also.

Toneo1st

I dont think this its an ISP Problem, I have two machines , an Imac desktop and a macbook pro, the Imac on ethernet is connecting well and the desktop is not. i tried to run the same version on Imac to macbook pro still no change, however today i updated from OS Capitan to siera on the working Imac and now its down as well..so this is definetily a MacOS version and update or maybe there is another application using the authenticating port, which could be 443 and im now troubleshooting this error...

Homerbrannon

Did anyone figure this out? I have the same problem. I can connect to YouTube Live, but not Facebook Live. When I check the log, it says "Handshake: type mismatch." If anyone can solve this you are a genius, because I'm having no luck.

bvboisseree

Hey together,

I have exactly the same problem as most of you guys.
I'm on an Mac Book Pro with OS El Capitan running. I can use OBS Studio perfectly to get an RTMP-Connection with Youtube, but Facebook Live is a big disaster I couldn't figure out yet. It gives me the "Connection to server failed"-Error Message and the Log Files say:
[rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://rtmp-api.facebook.com:80/rtmp/...
RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.
[rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmp://rtmp-api.facebook.com:80/rtmp/ failed: -2

If tried it with a turned out firewall, different ISPs and so on.
Does anyone know how to handle this?

i have same problem with fb live ( server failed to connect ), but, if i try to live with other like youtube, it's running well. i update with the last version, OBS 0.16.5 (64bit, windows)

Attachments

• Screenshot_12.jpg
    Screenshot_12.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 236

Travis Brickey

I'll throw my hat in the ring too... having the same exact problem. YouTube works great... but no luck on Facebook Live. Same error message as above.

kangamix

Hi everyone,
I have some problem to, canot connet to facebook server stream and i have tried to stream in priscope canot connect too, but i can solve my problem by using VPN. What wrong with my network? Anybody can help me please?

ilevene

Same issue here, I've tried it on multiple networks, wifi, wired, all to no avail. Does this program suck so bad that this is all over the internet?

JBizzla

So I ws having the same issue on a Macbook Pro 2017 running 10.12.6. I managed to get it to work by going through the "Custom Stream setup and just pasting the URL and Stream name in there.

Could be the presets in the Mac OBS are wrong?

Same issue!!! unable to stream.. Hope OBS finds the issue soon!!! Custom Stream setup only worked once.. then i had to go back to Facebook.. try it then back to Custom to get it to work again.