Question / Help "Server Failed to Connect" when livestreaming to Facebook

Gina Carr

I just tried streaming to Youtube. Although it didn't work, it went to "connecting" phase. When trying Facebook, it doesn't get that far. It immediately gives me the Server Connection Error.

I'm thinking there is a Facebook issue. I turned off a security feature that I had turned on in FB. I have since logged in and out with Facebook and restarted the computer.

Ian Anderson Gray

I just wanted to chime in here and say that it seems that a number of Mac users are experiencing this issue. I've got a tutorial and a course on how to use OBS Studio to broadcast to Facebook Live and 3 people so far have let me know they're getting a "Failed to Connect to Server" error message when trying to connect.
I'm a PC user so it's a little difficult to troubleshoot.
Are any other members aware of any issues that could be affecting Mac versions of OBS Studio?
Thanks!

ktprice

I think it might be an issue between Apple and Facebook.Try to get support from the ones I mentioned.

I've done some searching, but am not sure about what support resources you are referring to. Can you be more specific? I'd really appreciate your help!

I know it's possible to stream to Facebook on Mac as I've seen a few people do it on YouTube, I just can't figure out what the conflict is on my machine. :/

Jben

I am having the exact same problem on Mac. grrrr. I have been searching for answers all day. Glad I am not alone. Any new developments?

deephouselounge

ok I tried a PC in my house and it worked with no issues. A friend of mine tried his Mac at his house and it worked fine. Narrowing it down. He uses 10.10.5 and I am still on 10.10.3

maybe its the OS version causing the issue? I really dont feel like updating to check. :/

AldermanFarms

My people! ha. I've been researching this for a couple of days - such a frustrating error. At least I think I've found the spot where the answer will eventually be posted! I'll be over here hitting "refresh."

AldermanFarms

I just wanted to chime in here and say that it seems that a number of Mac users are experiencing this issue. I've got a tutorial and a course on how to use OBS Studio to broadcast to Facebook Live and 3 people so far have let me know they're getting a "Failed to Connect to Server" error message when trying to connect.
I'm a PC user so it's a little difficult to troubleshoot.
Are any other members aware of any issues that could be affecting Mac versions of OBS Studio?
Thanks!
Just wanted to provide a quick update. Ian replied to me via another venue and suggested I try connecting via a different WiFi connection. I tried it and voila! OBS connected almost immediately, then when I hit "Preview" on the FB page dialogue box, FB picked up the stream within seconds. The video and audio were not synced well at all - is that a function of the WiFi speed, or are there settings I need to adjust?

Also, back on point - if it's the WiFi at my home office that's preventing the connection, what can I do to fix that (I'm only minimally proficient, technically). Thanks in advance.

Virgoluke

Hello Everyone,
I am having the same issues and haven't been able to resolve it either. Has anyone came up with a workable solution yet?