Send one scene to HDMI projector and stream a different scene (at the same time)

TLF

Is this possible? One scene is only needed locally for the projector (scene displays information from multiple sources), but at the same time I want to stream a different scene which captures from a camera and other sources.

In essence, while streaming one source, I want to be able to open a preview window for a different source and just put that window on the desktop that the projector is mirroring.

M1 iMac with macOS 13.0.1.

Is this possible? One scene is only needed locally for the projector (scene displays information from multiple sources), but at the same time I want to stream a different scene which captures from a camera and other sources.

In essence, while streaming one source, I want to be able to open a preview window for a different source and just put that window on the desktop that the projector is mirroring.

M1 iMac with macOS 13.0.1.
Yes it is possible. With the projector already connected to the stream PC, highlight the source and right click ,then select Full-screen or windowed Projector (Source), then select the projector.

TLF

Unfortunately, when I send scene 1 to the projector and then switch to scene 2 to record/stream, the projector changes to scene 2 also. I need the projector to have scene 1 and record / stream scene 2.

AaronD

This works for me:
1671119152492.png

The projector stays on that scene, even as I switch the main output.

I'm on Ubuntu Linux, but I would think that the GUI and its intended end-effect would be the same, regardless of how it has to do it under the hood.

TLF

Thanks, I get it now. It has to be a preview scene from Studio mode. That's working, thanks Babs & Aaron!!

AaronD

Thanks, I get it now. It has to be a preview scene from Studio mode. That's working, thanks Babs & Aaron!!
Ehh...sorta. Right-clicking the list item in the Scenes list, makes it stay on that scene. Right-clicking the Preview window in Studio mode makes it follow the Preview window. You can choose whatever you want - that's a feature - but you have to understand enough to know WHAT you're actually choosing.