Selectable audio sources

digfive3

Will there ever be an update to allow you to select which sources to grab audio from?
When I try to record a game with teamspeak running in the background, both the game and teamspeak are recorded onto one track (because you cant define tracks by application). This results in really quiet and hard to hear vocal audio, and really loud game audio that cannot be adjusted.
I was just wondering if it is or ever will be possible to select audio sources like you can with video sources.

fatmatrow

Using virtual audio cables (and cheVolume in a pinch) you can achieve this. Routing program specific audio is vastly more complicated than adding video sources. It's apples to oranges.

digfive3

Using virtual audio cables (and cheVolume in a pinch) you can achieve this. Routing program specific audio is vastly more complicated than adding video sources. It's apples to oranges.
I've resorted to Virtual Audio Cables for now but they are quite buggy, sometimes if I am swapping between my headset and my external speakers, all audio will go mute and cannot be adjusted in volume control... I know, weird...
That and VAC has some latency which can get annoying

digfive3

I believe Jim wants to add this as a feature but it's way down the list of priorities. Research voicemeeter and OBS on YouTube for some great video guides on how to set this up. Comment from Jim in this thread:

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/allow-obs-to-target-an-applications-audio.47033/#post-210532

Thanks for the post! I'm not really worried about trying to record all tracks separately, I just want to make it so that OBS ONLY records game audio. It's manageable with Virtual Audio Cable but can get buggy.