SDR looks fine HDR however is not.... was working fine on June 5th

Arokhantos™

Must be due to an update but its bassicly no longer working, tested in 2 different browsers
Example

When it was working

Example issue as it is only visible while HDR is enabled and HDR is supported, the SDR looks fine
FWKA6b3.png

Already tried reseting OBS, i wanna note it was working fine before i have no idea what broke it, recording also works fine in HDR
See example here of recording

I wonder at this point this is an issue with YouTube and not OBS.

Arokhantos™

Still haven't found a solution, pretty sure it was working fine before the weekend as well but i deleted the stream because gamecapture would not work on Helldivers 2

Suslik V

You can save the streaming output locally by using "Same as stream" setting for the encoder in OBS. Thus, by playing back recorded file, you'll be able to analyze if the encoder was broken (quite possible because of the video driver updates). Also, you may try different encoder.

Arokhantos™

Its not broken its YouTube being broken by looks of it if i set output stream to 16:9 its fine, if i stream in HDR its broken for HDR and eventually after processing also breaks SDR
YouTube must have broken it with their stupid ad injection BS which assumes everything is 16:9 but it breaks HDR.
and SDR is tonemapped from HDR by YouTube which eventually leads to SDR also being broken after a day.

Arokhantos™

For it to work in HDR i bassicly have to set it to 2880x1200 so it maxes out at 1080p so 1440p ultrawide HDR streaming does not work on YouTube anymore, i am pretty sure its an issue on YouTube end as i have already provided proof that 1440p ultrawide with HDR streaming worked fine before.
I can also still stream 1440p ultrawide but only without HDR so YouTube is doing something that breaks HDR at 3840x1600 downscaled to 1440p
I have also tried disabling downscaling but it breaks still

Arokhantos™

Haven't contacted them yet guess i should least bug report it, i was kind of expecting it to be a OBS issue at first before i made this post, but tested OBS even on a clean install.
The fact it works fine in Firefox but then breaks 1 day later proofs its on YouTube end, i saw the same on my mobile.

Suslik V

Only one parameter in YouTube Live Control Room:
...to stream in HDR. Note that you’ll need to keep the “Turn on manual resolution” setting unchecked.
was mentioned for streaming HDR content. So, it worth trying to ask YouTube for support if everything else is OK.

Arokhantos™

Only one parameter in YouTube Live Control Room:

was mentioned for streaming HDR content. So, it worth trying to ask YouTube for support if everything else is OK.

Yeah only does 1440p until recently i wish it would do 3840x1600 least but thats probably not happening currently i guess HDR is still in beta.
I do wonder if 2560x1440 would be fine tho, i could stream in that res while gaming in ultrawide but i rather not.