Resource icon

Scripture Download/Pager 1.1

DCStrato

DCStrato submitted a new resource:

Scripture Download/Pager - Download and page through scripture mapped to a Text Source

Python Script to Download Scripture from the Oremus.org, format and move the text to a Text Object in a Scene in "pages". Option to also adjust Scripture Title, e.g. "Luke 1:26-38". Designed for one book, chapter with multiple verses. Can be expanded with "Extra" field for addition or disconnected verses, e.g. "Luke 1:26-28, 30-38". Option to "fade" text in/out. Wraps scripture to given character width and lines per page. Display shows how lines will break.

Read more about this resource...

DCStrato

Could you write about the bible.json file?
Thanks
Bible.json just lets the Scripture script know how many chapters are in each book and how many verses are in each chapter so it can help maintain maximum limits and not allow selecting chapters or verses out of range for the selected book.

DC

DCStrato

It grabs specified multiple bible verses by bible, book, chapter, ver based on the Oremus.org API, scrapes off the HTML then reformats the text by number of characters wide and number of lines per page to fit in an OBS text object within a scene. You pick the text object and it fills in the scripture page by page from buttons on the script or define paging hot keys (easier). Fading in/out is provided if you want scripture to page the text. You can also just copy and paste the text from the Scripture window or pages from the Display window if you just want the text. We use it to stream and display the scripture on a large screen. I just wrote it because it was taking a long time to cut and paste scripture and format it to fit in a text object with multiple pages. Now it takes seconds and we can easily do last-minute changes. You can expand the attached image to see the script with its corresponding scene in OBS. Hope this helps. Files are attached to latest version. This has been very stable so I will also get an update posted to the scripts section of the forum with the new embedded Extra examples.

Attachments

• Scripture.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 119
  • scripture.png
    scripture.png
    520.4 KB · Views: 319

DCStrato

DCStrato updated Scripture Download/Pager with a new update entry:

Download Format and Page Scripture to Scene

Python Script to Download Scripture from the Oremus.org, format and move the text to a Text Object in a Scene in "pages". Option to also adjust Scripture Title, e.g. "Luke 1:26-38". Designed for book, chapter with multiple verses. Can be expanded with "Extra" field for addition or Book Chapter Verse, e.g. "+Ephesians 3:18-21". Option to "fade" text in/out. Wraps scripture to given character width and lines per page. Display shows how lines will break. Page with buttons or hot keys.

Read the rest of this update entry...

BenAndo

I figured out how to install this.

1. Install Python 3.6.x
This video explains it well: https://youtu.be/t7RhpvlVte0

2. Open command prompt and enter pip install beautifulsoup4

3. Then enter pip install HTMLParser

4. Download and extract Scripture Download/Pager

5. Open your OBS scripts folder. Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\frontend-tools\scripts

6. Paste in scripture.py & bible.json

7. In OBS under Tools - Scripts enter your Python install path under Python Settings. (this is explained in the Youtube video)

8. Then in the Scripts tab click the plus icon and load scripture.py

It should then all work. If it doesn't try restarting your computer.

K-Nash

1. Install Python 3.6.x

5. Open your OBS scripts folder. Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\frontend-tools\scripts

7. In OBS under Tools - Scripts enter your Python install path under Python Settings. (this is explained in the Youtube video)

It should then all work. If it doesn't try restarting your compu

1. Install Python 3.6.x

It should then all work. If it doesn't try restarting your computer.
thanks for the information, please where can I get the bible.json file?

DCStrato

The only real tricky part is getting python installed on your computer along with HTML Parser and Beautifulsoup libraries that do all the heavy lifting of scraping text from the Oremus.org site. Python has to be 3.6.x to be compatible with OBS. PIP is the global library installer for python and has to be run from the command line. If you type CMD in the windows search it should come up. If you type pip install beautifulsoup4 and pip install HTMLParser at the prompt and nothing happens, then you still don't have python installed correctly. If those download and install then you can close the Command Prompt window and go find where python was installed. Traditionally it is in C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36. There is a Python Settings Tab in scripts where you paste in this location to tell OBS where to find Python. The scripture.py and bible.json files just need to be in the same place, but typically that would be where OBS stores the other scripts which is: C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\frontend-tools\scripts. Press the + in scripts and point to where you put scripture.py, and that should be it. Hang in there and I am sure you will figure it out.

DC

K-Nash

It's a nice script but how can we add up a bible in a different language, for I am from African and I will love to use the bible in my native language which is "YORUBA LANGUAGE", thanks.

DCStrato

At the moment, only the Oremus bible library API is supported. Bible.com offers a Yoruba translation, but each user has to register and get an access key to use the API and Oremus was just easier. I will look at maybe adding support for Bible.com at some point in the future.

D.C.

K-Nash

At the moment, only the Oremus bible library API is supported. Bible.com offers a Yoruba translation, but each user has to register and get an access key to use the API and Oremus was just easier. I will look at maybe adding support for Bible.com at some point in the future.

D.C.
would really appreciate these if you can work it out.