[SCRIPT] Twitch IRC Chat Overlay + Txt-Output + last.fm

XoeRli

Last week everything was fine!
But now.. it doesnt work anymore :( mIRC says:

* Connecting to xoerliii.jtvirc.com (6667)
-
* Unable to resolve server
-
* Connect retry #1 xoerliii.jtvirc.com (6667)
-
* Unable to resolve server

I hope anyone can help me :(

mdubz

I changed jtvirc.com to irc.twitch.tv and it still doesn't work. Can anyone give clearer instructions? Also, is there any way to auto-load this script every time mIRC is ran, or do I have to copy/paste "/load -rs scripts/twitchat.mrc" every time?

Moesh

mdubz said:
I changed jtvirc.com to irc.twitch.tv and it still doesn't work. Can anyone give clearer instructions? Also, is there any way to auto-load this script every time mIRC is ran, or do I have to copy/paste "/load -rs scripts/twitchat.mrc" every time?

Line 645 should looks like:

Code:
  server -m irc.twitch.tv:6667  %twpass -i %twuser -j %twchan

llvllagnus

Line 645 should looks like:

Code:
  server -m irc.twitch.tv:6667  %twpass -i %twuser -j %twchan

You can use the IP too : 199.9.250.229

"Login Unsuccessful" on both counts

UPDATE: As of Sept. 17th, you now need to change your password per the instructions found here:

http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/q ... c-hexchat-

To clear up some of the common IRC issues, I need you to check your settings:

Server: irc.twitch.tv NOT jtvirc.com. JUST use "irc.twitch.tv"
Port: 80,443,6667 (6667 is the official port)
Password: oauth:TOKEN

To get your TOKEN follow the "Connecting" procedure located in our official knowledge base article on IRC.
http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/a ... twitch-irc

You can get it from twitchapps.com/tmi or from our API.

An example "password" would be "oauth:asdasd234234jk234asd" or similar once you get your token.

This change was made because we do not use SSL for chat, and did not want to expose any user hashes (this was fairly minor, but we want to do things correctly!)

Thanks!

Jipatsu

This baffles me as I can't get this to work.

If I can connect to the twitch irc, then my channel is empty and when I send a message in irc it does not show up in the channel chat and vice versa.

I tried to change the twitchat.mrc code so that it would connect with the /server irc.twitch.tv 6667 oauth:'Tokenserial' but as said above, sometimes it connects, sometimes it does not. And when it connects, it gives an empty irc channel which does not have any effect on twitch.tv channel chat.

o.O

Something I am doing wrong?

Vantier

Same problem as guy above, Supposedly can connect to my chat, but the IRC chat and the chat on my channel don't appear to be actually connected at all......

nvm, Its working fine now.

Jipatsu

how or where I can change the channel this script connects me to? It connects me to the channel with capital first letter which is not correct as I need to leave that channel and rejoin to the channel with small first letter (#Jplays -> #jplays)

Could not find this channel setup in the settings.

pacholol

Hi guys! I found this app http://twitchapps.com/tmi/ you go there get a token, then you connect with that toke to the chat.
What I did it's copy the token , then go to "Scripts Editor" and write down there /tw and paste waht I got from that api, then when you are in mIRC you just have to write /tw and you will get connected to your channel

rizl4

Do you know of a script that will display when you have i new follower what i want to do is when someone follows be
that name is scrolling on the stream

llvllagnus

Anyone else experiencing intermittent inability to connect over the last week or two? Sometimes when I attempt to join my Twitch chat channel with this app it refuses to connect, other times it attempts to connect in vain and times out over and over again. I haven't changed anything.