[SCRIPT] Twitch IRC Chat Overlay + Txt-Output + last.fm

bartoruiz

vfv6gvV.png

Download from here:

https://code.google.com/p/twitch-irc-chat-overlay-txt-output/

===Main Features===
#1 Chat log @ $mircdir/scripts/fullchatlines.txt ; saves N # of chat lines, mainly used for OBS Text source
#2 Chat logs @ $mircdir/scripts/chatline?.txt ; saves single chat line
#3 Chat Overlay (F7) ; Always on TOP resizable trasparent window; used to easily interact with viewers or just see the chat while gaming.
#4 last.fm current song @ $mircdir/scripts/nowplaying.txt
Many more, see the CHANGELOG.TXT for details.

===Install Instructions===
#1 Open mIRC and type: //run $mircdir/scripts
#2 Unzip the files (twitchat.mrc & viewers2txt.exe) inside that folder.
#3 At mIRC type: /load -rs scripts/twitchat.mrc
#4 Click YES at the 'run initialization commands' warning popup and configure to your needs.

===Update Instructions (if needed)===
#1 Open mIRC and type: /unload -rs twitchat.mrc
#2 Follow the Install Instructions above and overwrite any previous file.

===Support===
Feel free to send me any issues, feedback or requests to bartoruiz at gmail

ball2hi

Something I noticed. If the window has any tiny bit of transparency in Left4Dead 2, it'll cause an extreme amount of FPS loss. Is this normal, or am I the only one experiencing a performance hit with transparency.

McGuigan

First of all, wow thank you.
Since i only have one screen this was the perfect solution for me, today i played some games and streamed it and didn't notice people was in the chat until it was too late and they left and this tool will help me alot with this problem.
One question tho, is there a way to not make it auto tab out of the game whenever i accidently click on the chat or so? Like it's only there for show and nothing happens when i press it? because i noticed when i tested it and accidently clicked it, it tabbed me out of the game just like i was opening that window, kinda annoying.

Helixia

Awesome script!!

Is it possible to add colours in the overlay or let the overlay have the colours you have set in mIRC?

zangets00

Unfortunately, no. We're limited by the what is available in the text source options. All it does is display what's exactly saved in the text file.

Helixia

Okay thnx, but it is still a awesome script!!
I have it on auto load when i start mIRC.

EDIT: How do you get your viewers in the titlebar?

zangets00

You know I might have confused the pop out window overlay with the the in-stream chat. If that's the case then I'm not sure I don't use the pop out.

bart2712

is there some way to have the overlay always on top? i play a couple games that are fullscreen only, with no window mode available, and i cant see the overlay while playing those games. i wanna be able to do the fullscreen game capture for those games but still see my chat.

Helixia

@bart2712 As far as i know there is no way even if you set it to always on top.
I got the same issue as you had while trying to play Guild Wars 2 full screen.

D

Deleted member 3892

@bart2712 I don't really know, but there is no way to get mIRC overlayed. I only recommend the hw way - get second monitor (chat on second one), or play the game in windowed mode, and put chat in corner, for example.

mdubz

I have a few questions that don't seem to be answered anywhere, as I have never used mIRC.

1. How can I auto load this script every time I open mIRC?-
2. What are the instructions for setting up OBS Text source? (Where are the text output files?)
3. Is there a way to grab the current viewers count from a source other than Xsplit? (ex. http://api.justin.tv/api/stream/summary ... ELNAMEHERE has viewercount)

Is there a slash command I can type manually into mIRC/the overlay to flush the text cache?

When messages get deleted from Twitch chat (such as spam or timeouts), it doesn't get deleted in the actual IRC. If someone says something offensive, I want to be able to flush the TXT file, but without having to right click, bring up the menu, and hit the button.

Thanks for any tips.

Tadian

Drumstix42 said:
Is there a slash command I can type manually into mIRC/the overlay to flush the text cache?

When messages get deleted from Twitch chat (such as spam or timeouts), it doesn't get deleted in the actual IRC. If someone says something offensive, I want to be able to flush the TXT file, but without having to right click, bring up the menu, and hit the button.

Thanks for any tips.
Try /clear

And btw: is there any way to customize the txt output? I realy don't like the <<username>> format.

I'm not sure if it's intended but /initfiles will clear the chat .txt files. It must be typed directly into mIRC though. Any slash commands typed into the overlay will just repeat the last typed message.

spudzzy

This script is awesome and almost does exactly what I need. I wanted to put the stream chat in OBS it self without using window capture. The only problem is when I go into OBS and use add text, it's awkward to get it display the lines of text correctly. In OBS should I be using the options 'Use Custom Text Extends' and 'Wrap' to get it to fit correctly? When I do I can size the window as needed, and it would work perfectly but the only problem is that let's say I want to have 16 lines of chat show, and I use the options Use Custom Text Extends to get the box containing the information from the txt file sized how it I want, it works fine except for that it has to wrap the text pushing it past 16 lines of text, and the bottom part of red box in OBS representing the boundaries of the text source just cuts off everything off at the bottom. Is there away to get it to do the opposite of this, and prioritize showing the most recent messages, or the most recent lines of text the txt source document so that it's the older messages at the top getting cut off, and not the new incoming most recent messages?

Not that I have found.
I disable wrapping and put my chat in a spot where it can be wide instead of tall, showing just a few lines (5-6).

Maybe want to look into the guy doing the Browser chat plugin, but there isn't a useable version yet.