Script to prevent OBS Clouser on sign out (Windows 7 & 8)

Callum343

Today i was streaming i went to check on OBS and my game glitched out, so i couldn't to anything, some how windows was asking to close some program and i had to sign out then click cancel. I would suggest preventing OBS closing without saving the MP4 file to add some "sign out prevention code" like what word has if you do not save a document.

On the following screenshot, there is a file that didn't save correctly (Left) because it did not issue the stop code to stop recording. The right one is fine.

Screenshot.png

Thanks,
Callum =]

Callum343

It's not the format of the video, it's windows because there isn't any close prevention code in OBS, but thanks for a reply =]

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
This is a problem with MP4, there are ways to deal with it but it's not as simple as "close prevention code". Programs do not function in that way. If the program crashes for example, your MP4 will be irreparably corrupted, no matter what code is in the program. The only feasible way to really get MP4 'safe' is by using a piped process, where if the main program crashes, the piped MP4 saving process would be able to still execute and recover from the problem, which I plan on doing for the rewrite, but that's not as simple as it sounds either.

Anyway, when I was writing the program I fully admit I did not account for or realize it, but you should avoid trying to make it sound like it's some simple process. MP4s are a complex file format. That's why we suggest using FLV in the mean time. FLVs are always recoverable, and can be fully converted to MP4 (with no changes to the encoded data) despite what happens.