Screenshot in-game?

Flaxe

Hi!
OBS is the perfect tool for everything when it comes to streaming as well as local recordings. The only feature I really miss is to be able to take in-game screenshots. Right now I either have to open the recorded video file and take a print screen from there, or I will have to run another program such as Fraps or DxTory just to be able to take an in-game screenshot.

For me, this is the only small piece that's missing from making OBS the absolute only software to use.

Best regards,
Flaxe

I suspected something like this to already be requested but I couldn't find any when searching on both the OBS forums and also on Google. Excuse me if I missed a thread about it already.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yes, it would be a nice thing to have. This should be a pretty easy thing to do, and it's been requested in the past. If it doesn't get in to the current version of OBS it'll definitely be in the next one at some point in its development

Flaxe

Thanks a lot for the positive response Jim! I'm looking forward to the future releases as always. I also want to say that it's working like a charm with NVENC! Thanks for all your hard work.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Ah, well that was actually done by BtbN, he implemented NVEnc, I haven't really been working much on OBS1 lately myself because of the rewrite.