Bug Report Screen tearing in game when previewing/starting stream

league of legends
input: 1600x900 output: 1600x900
screen region capture source
windowed borderless
60 hz monitor
vsync enabled

whenever i start scrolling through the map i experience screen tearing at the top area of my screen. when i stop preview or stop stream it goes away. i played the game in both aero and non aero with no problems (without OBS). When i play it with OBS on aero i experience no screen tearing, but an excessive frame loss. When i play it without aero with OBS, i experience screen tearing. i've tried downsize to 1.50 (1066x600). No effect

60 fps throughout the entire game

captured at 30 fps

also been getting thsi error when i try to add software capture source

Out of range! List <class String>::operator[](0)

^solution to this is having a window open while adding screen region...

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
...I'll have to fix that bug. I thought I had them all fixed in 0.43a, specifically in software capture, but I may have missed one.

Anyway, you don't want to have aero on with monitor capture. Windows cannot capture the entire monitor fast when aero is on. If you're using windowed borderless, try doing window capture instead, then you can leave aero on no problems, and everything should be all good.

how would i set that up to stream my entire desktop and the game included instead of just the window? i can stream the content and my desktop just fine without experiencing any fps problems with aero disabled barring the screen tearing. i don't know what's causing it. the screen tearing doesn't render in playback so viewers won't experience any problems, just on my side :/

(mainly for the reason for viewers to see champion selection screen picks bans etc)

also do you ever intend on making a sleek design for obs gui or an option with different skins available?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The best, most unintrusive way to do full monitor capturing is via a capture card. They're somewhat costly, however - but that's what full-time streamers typically use when they want to capture their full desktop because software monitor capture isn't always the best, as you've seen.

ah well, thanks for the reply. a power streamer by the name of dyrus recently acquired a laptop he used to stream with and didn't have this problem. he just had his aero disabled. ah well i guess ill keep fidgeting with settings

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
well I mean it could very well depend on the system -- I get some tearing but it's almost not even noticable for me. could also depend on the game too. really not quite sure what's going on.